The E2100L Advanced Wireless-N Router from Cisco is a sophisticated and yet easy-to-use router that provides Internet access to your wireless-N devices. With this wireless technology, you can transfer data between your computer, wireless printer, or other WiFi devices at a rate of up to 300 Mbps. In addition, the router can also connect to wireless devices that are only compatible with 802.11b or 802.11g standards. Aside from wireless connections, the router has one Ethernet WAN port for connecting to your modem and four 10/100 Ethernet LAN ports for establishing wired connections.
Because the router has a built-in UPnP AV Media Server, you can wirelessly stream media content to compatible devices, such as an Xbox 360 or PS3. Plus, with the router's built-in USB port, you can connect a USB storage device and share files to other WiFi computers or your UPnP AV media devices on your network. You can also remotely access this storage from a computer outside of the network.
This router is easy to setup with the included software CD and also includes a variety of security features, such as WPA/WPA2, WEB, RADIUS, and an SPI Firewall. While it is compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems, you can also customize its functions with Linux.
- Wireless-N Technology
- Speed up your wireless network with a router that connects your computer, game consoles, and other WiFi devices at up to 300 Mbps of transfer speed
- Built-in UPnP AV Media Server
- Built-in AV media server streams entertainment content. The USB port provides connectivity to storage devices for file sharing at home or over the Internet
- State-of-the-Art Security
- Keep WiFi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with a variety of security options, such as WPA/WPA2, WEB, RADIUS, and an SPI Firewall
- You're in Control
Cisco Connect software helps you customize your settings, quickly add multiple Internet devices to your network:
-Create a separate, secure, password protected network for guests
-Limit access time and websites with Parental Controls
-Easily access advanced network settings
- Quick to Install
- Cisco Connect software has three simple steps for setting up your secure wireless network. A streamlined user interface allows you to choose from simple to advanced settings with no hassle
- Linux OS
- Connect your devices with a wireless router that utilizes the Linux operating system and gives you more options for network customization
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Online support resources available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, in addition to ninety days of complimentary assisted support