The Gefen HDMI Detective Plus maintains a continuous read of stored display information even when switching or relocating HDTV/computer video displays. This is useful when displays lose their EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) on being switched off, disconnected, or reconnected. For initial programming, the unit is attached to the HDTV display's HDMI input connector and it then reads and stores the attached display's EDID to the internal memory. The Detective Plus is then attached to your source HDMI which will then have the EDID even if the display becomes disconnected.
The unit supports 1920 x 1200, 1080p, and 2k resolution video, and allows you to maintain an uninterrupted smooth video delivery during the entire process. The Detective Plus with 4 built-in selectable generic EDIDs can be used to accommodate standard home theater setups, the settings for which can be selected by moving the DIP switches between the different available settings on the unit for custom audio and video resolution .
Equipped with HDMI 1.3 features such as Dolby TrueHD & DTS Master Audio, Lip-Sync Pass Through, and CEC Protocol Pass Through, the unit supports maximum overall throughput signal bandwidth up to 225 MHz. After the initial programming step, the HDCP compatible Detective Plus does not require power any further.
- Quick and easy saving of EDID information from HDTV displays
- Allows switching or relocating HDTV or computer video displays
- Maintains uninterrupted smooth video delivery throughout the process
- Useful when displays lose their EDID on being switched off, disconnected, or reconnected
- Maintains 1920 x 1200, 1080p, and 2k resolution video
- 4 built-in selectable generic EDIDs
- Selection of preset EDIDs for custom audio and resolution support
- HDMI 1.3 features such as Dolby TrueHD & DTS Master Audio, Lip-Sync Pass Through, and CEC Protocol Pass Through
- Supports maximum overall throughput signal bandwidth up to 225 MHz
- Maximum color depth can display up to 36 bits per pixel
- HDCP compatible
- No power required after initial programming step