The EPIC 100 Robotic Camera Mount from GigaPan is a unique robotic camera mount that empowers most large point & shoot and small digital SLR cameras with the ability to capture gigapixel images. It is easy to use and remarkably efficient. Simply set the corners of the panorama you want to capture using the LCD interface.
The built-in software works out how many photos your camera will need to take, hundreds or even thousands. Then the EPIC 100 begins snapping the photos, automatically organizing them in overlapping rows and columns. After shooting, the included GigaPan Stitch software assembles, aligns and blends the individual images into one large panorama. The software then uploads your panorama to GigaPan.com for sharing. You also can embed your uploaded panorama onto any website.
The following equipment is needed for using the EPIC 100:
- Tripod (capable of supporting the EPIC 100 and your camera)
- 6 x AA NiMH batteries (rechargeable ones are preferred)
- Digital camera
- Memory card (4GB is recommended)
- The GigaPan EPIC 100 comes with fully integrated software - GigaPan Stitch, which automatically combines the images captured by the GigaPan EPIC 100 into a single brilliant panorama. Upload the images onto your computer and into the GigaPan Stitch software. GigaPan Stitch does the work for you, aligning and blending your individual pictures together for a single panorama.
- Share, store, and explore, by uploading your gigapixel panorama to GigaPan.com where the powerful technology of the GigaPan Viewer allows you to zoom in and out, seeing unbelievable detail.
- If you're taking a panorama with fixed focus and fast shutter, you can capture over 20 pictures per minute. Indoor or night-time shots require longer shutter times and can take longer. Using the 2-second camera delay allows the GigaPan Imager and tripod to settle before each picture.
- The GigaPan Imager can be used in snow, rain and wind. Keep the Imager and camera as dry as possible, and be sure to secure your tripod so it will not tip over if bumped or pushed by wind.
- An easily adjustable metal plate accommodates larger cameras.
The EPIC 100 provides elevation of the camera plate from the imager body 1.3" (33.5 mm) to allow a greater range for camera pitch (tilt or elevation).
Gearing for the pitch is 15:1 which allows greater holding torque and fine precision movements.
- The EPIC 100 supports 360° panoramic and 60-90° tilt ranges-of-motion.
- A Start/Delay function enables a timer delay before each panorama capture begins. The timer can be set to 1, 15, 30, 60, 120, or 300 seconds. Not only does this provide time for the equipment to stop its vibrations, it gives you the option to include yourself in the panorama.
- The EPIC 100 has a multiple shutter which allows the GigaPan unit to take up to 9 captures at each image location.
- The EPIC 100 supports shutter actuation through the remote shutter port that is available on most DSLR cameras. A separate cable (not included) is required depending on camera make/model.
- The Pause and Scroll functions give you the ability to recapture a specific photo or photos in the sequence.
- The EPIC 100 moves your camera with precise incremental movements of 0.36°.
- The device is robust and durable.
- A stainless steel mounting arm minimizes flex and vibrations.
- It is easy to navigate the EPIC 100's menu with a highly visible LCD screen.
- The built-in bubble level lets you quickly position the EPIC 100 for a perfect horizon.
- Scale and marking features enable repeatable adjustment.
- The anti-slip camera pad keeps your equipment from slipping out of position.
- It features a sleek design with strong cast-aluminum chassis.
- The Epic has a battery tray that is easy to remove and refill.
- The controllable backlit screen can be set to "On" or "Auto" for low-light conditions, or "Off" for daylight conditions, minimizing battery drain.
PowerShot A620, PowerShot A630, PowerShot A640, PowerShot A650, PowerShot D10, PowerShot D20, PowerShot G10, PowerShot G11, PowerShot G12, PowerShot G1 X, PowerShot G15, PowerShot Pro1, PowerShot S1 IS, PowerShot S2 IS, PowerShot S3 IS, PowerShot S5, PowerShot SX1 IS, PowerShot SX10 IS, PowerShot SX20 IS, PowerShot SX30 IS, PowerShot SX40 IS, PowerShot SX50 IS, PowerShot SX500 IS, EOS M
Exilim Pro EX-F1, Exilim EX-FH20
FinePix HS25EXR, FinePix HS30EXR, FinePix S4200, FinePix S4500, FinePix S5100, FinePix S5200, FinePix S5500, FinePix S5600, FinePix S5700, FinePix S6000FD, FinePix S6500FD, FinePix S7000, FinePix S8000FD, FinePix S8100FD, FinePix S9000, FinePix S9500, FinePix SL300, X-S1, X10, X-E1, X-Pro1
Easyshare Z612, Easyshare Z812 IS, Easyshare X885, Easyshare Z950, Easyshare Z1015 IS
DigiLux 1, DigiLux 2, DigiLux 3, M, M-E, M Monochrom, M8, M9, M9-P, X2
Dimage A1, Dimage A2
1 V2, COOLPIX 4300, COOLPIX 4500, COOLPIX 5000, COOLPIX 5400, COOLPIX 5700, COOLPIX 8400, COOLPIX 8700, COOLPIX 8800, COOLPIX L310, COOLPIX L810, COOLPIX P80, COOLPIX P90, COOLPIX P100, COOLPIX P510, COOLPIX P7000, D40, D50, D3000
Camedia C4000 ZOOM, C-750 UZ, C-765 UZ, C-770 UZ, C-5050 ZOOM, C-5060 WIDE ZOOM, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-P1, E-PL1, E-P2, SP-310, SP-350, SP-510 UZ, SP-550 UZ, SP-560 UZ, SP-565 UZ, SP-570 UZ, SP-590 UZ, SP-620 UZ, SP-810 UZ, SP-820 UZ iHS, Stylus 750, TG-1
Lumix DMC-LX7, Lumix DMC-FS200, Lumix DMC-FZ7, Lumix DMC-FZ8, Lumix DMC-FZ10, Lumix DMC-FZ15, Lumix DMC-FZ18, Lumix DMC-FZ20, Lumix DMC-FZ28, Lumix DMC-FZ30, Lumix DMC-FZ35, Lumix DMC-FZ50, Lumix DMC-FZ60, Lumix DMC-G1, Lumix DMC-G2, Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix DMC-G5, Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix DMC-GF5, Lumix DMC-GF5X, Lumix DMC-GH1, Lumix DMC-GH2, Lumix DMC-GH3, Lumix DMC-GX1, Lumix DMC-LC1
K-01, K2000D, K-x, K-r, Q, Q10, X-5,
Caplio GX 100, Caplio GX 200, GR Digital, GR Digital II, GR Digital III, GXR
HZ25W, NX20, NX210, TL320, WB100
Cyber-shot DSC-F707, Cyber-shot DSC-F717, Cyber-shot DSC-H1, Cyber-shot DSC-H2, Cyber-shot DSC-H3, Cyber-shot DSC-H5, Cyber-shot DSC-H7, Cyber-shot DSC-H9, Cyber-shot DSC-H10, Cyber-shot DSC-H20, Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Cyber-shot DSC-HX1, Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V, Cyber-shot DSC-RX1, Cyber-shot DSC-S75, Cyber-shot DSC-S85, Cyber-shot DSC-V3, Alpha A100, Alpha A200, Alpha A230, Alpha 290, Alpha A300, Alpha A330, Alpha A350, Alpha A380, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha NEX-5R, Alpha NEX-6, Alpha NEX-7, Alpha NEX-F3