The Impact LiteTrek 4.0 DC Flash Head offers a wide array of advanced studio and DSLR-friendly features in a lightweight (2.6 lb) head intended for use in the field where AC power is unavailable.
Starting with strong core specs like 400W/s of power delivered promptly in 2 seconds at full power, the head offers 5 stops of output variability with action-stopping flash durations as low as 1/14000 sec.
Consistency is stressed at every stage of production, evident in the tight +/-100K tolerance in its 5500K flash tube. The Autodump feature automatically "bleeds" extra power from the capacitors when powered down.
Advanced features include Multi Mode which allows you to utilize stroboscopic technology for motion studies or sports, as well as Quick Mode which automatically powers down the flash to permit focal plane shooting at shutter speeds as short as 1/13,000 sec.
Convenience features include a removable power cord and stand mount for easy packing. The LiteTrek 4.0 requires a power source and is ideally mated with the optional Impact LiteTrek (LT) Battery Pack system which offers 650 maximum power flashes or 3500 minimum power flashes on a single charge.
- Scott Kelby Testimonial, the World's #1 Bestselling Author of Photography Books
- "Being able to use a small, lightweight, super-portable pack like this just makes things so much easier. Being able to have studio-quality lighting on location, without hauling loads of gear around makes a big difference for anybody who thinks "less is more". Used this rig last week for a dusk shoot, and it worked like a charm and refreshed much faster than I was expecting."
- 400W/s of Portable, Variable Power
- Full to 1/64 Power, 6 - 400W/s
- 2 Seconds to full recycling
- 650 full power flashes - 3500 1/64 power
- Quick Mode
- FP, for "focal plane," produces a succession of flashes at a very fast speed in order to illuminate the sensor as evenly as possible when shooting with fast shutter speeds (typically above 1/250s). This series of flashes is usually not noticeable with the naked eye. When using the FP settings, be aware that the flash will output at its lowest power setting to compensate for the fast burst speeds.
- Easy Packing
- Removable stand mount and power cord for easy packing.
- Multi Mode
- Multi Mode produces a series of continuous flashes for a single exposure. These pulses of light allow you to freeze several moments of progressive motion for creative or scientific effects. Create your own Edward Muybridge-style locomotion studies.
- Multiple Triggering Options
- Use the included sync cord, optical slave or Impact or other brand radio slave.
- Compatible with Impact and Bowens Accessories
- The LiteTrek 4.0 is compatible with Impact and Bowens bayonet-mount accessories when used with the optional Impact reflector adapter (not included). (B&H # IMBAFH)