This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
Short and sweet - the L-3 EOTech EXPS3-2 holographic red-dot sight provides rapid heads-up-both-eyes-open target acquisition. Sporting a shortened form factor like the original XPS3, The EXPS3-2 also boasts a repeatable quick release throw-lever mount.
Because it's powered by a single transverse-mounted CR123A battery, the EXPS3 is shorter than the N and AA battery versions - yet it delivers the same parallax-free sighting capabilities. This sight requires a mere 2.75" of rail space, and the battery compartment is raised to accommodate the Delta Ring of most M16/AR15 platform firearms. The base is configured with a 7.0mm rise to accommodate hand guards and instant access to BUIS. The battery cap is a simple screw-type cover that's o-ring sealed and tethered to the housing.
The control buttons have been placed on the left side of the rugged aluminum housing for ease of operation with a rear-mounted night vision device. The illuminated reticle is configured with a 65 MOA circle and a pair of 1 MOA dots - the illumination system provides the operator with 30 brightness levels to choose from, 10 of which are compatible with night vision gear.
Designed for today's high-tech battlefield; the EXPS3-2 is submersible to a depth of 33', and the QR throw-lever mount is repeatable to 2 MOA after remounting. The rear window is a 3/16" thick shatterproof laminate with anti-glare and scratch resistant coatings, and the front lens is 1/8" solid glass. Because the optical system is based upon transmission holography, parallax error is not an issue - a mission-critical feature that can save your hams when the mayonnaise hits the fan.
Note: This item must be exported from the USA in accordance with Export Administration Regulations - ECCN 0A987. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. In accordance with U.S. law (Title 15 CFR part 746 and Supplement No. 1 to Part 774; and Title 31 CFR) - the L-3 EOTech EXPS3-2 HWS is controlled under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State.
- Optical Performance
- Front Window: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window: 3/16" shatter-resistant laminate
- Optical surfaces feature anti-glare lens coatings
- Heads-Up Display: eliminates blind spots and constricted vision
- Transmission holography - instantly visible in any light, parallax free
- Even if the laminated window is obstructed or damaged, the HWS remains fully operational. Provided a portion of the window is intact/visible, the entire reticle pattern will be seen on target, and the POI/POA will be maintained.
- Use and Handling
- Powered by 1 CR123A: 600 hr run-time
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 150°F
- Automatic shut-down: 8 hr, programmable to 4 hr
- Battery check indicator: flashing reticle at start-up
- Precision adjustments: 1/2 MOA clicks, 40 MOA W&E correction
- Quick release throw-lever mount: compatible with Picatinny/Weaver systems
- Illuminated A65/1 Reticle: 65 MOA circle, two 1 MOA dots. 30 Brightness settings with scrolling feature, 10 NV compatible settings
- Construction Details
- Color/finish: non-reflective black hard-coat
- Short-base form-factor requires 2.75" of rail space
- Internal optical system is sealed and fully fogproof
- Return to Zero: repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mount
- Submersible to 33.0'/10.1 m, fogproof internal optics
- Durable housing features a rugged aluminum hood assembly
- Function buttons location: positioned on the left side of the sight
- Battery compartment designed to fit/hover over the rifle's Delta Ring
- Integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems, and it has a knobbed, tool-less mounting bolt