Canon's CanoScan 9000F Color Image Scanner delivers detailed film scans at a whopping 9600 x9600 dpi which is enough resolution to create clear, detailed printed enlargements up to at least 20 x 30 inches. It comes with the film holders you need to digitize a strip of six 35mm or four 120 format film images or four mounted slides The 9000F will scan your photos and documents at 4800 x 4800 dpi.
With the CanoScan 9000F you don't have to worry if your originals are showing their age. Canon's built-in FARE Level 3 retouching technology will automatically remove most of an image's dust and scratches while restoring color, all at the same time. Using the Auto Document Fix feature, the 9000F analyzes your scanned documents and automatically corrects the data to yield text that is sharp and clear without altering color tone and contrast. The Gutter Shadow Correction feature is particularly useful when scanning pages of a book, removing the dark shadow created between two pages.
The front panel of the scanner houses seven EZ buttons which automate the scanning process. Four buttons activate various modes to create PDF files. With the Auto Scan button, the 9000F automatically recognizes the type of original, crops it to proper size and saves the digital image in the appropriate file format. Another button enables the scanner to send a copy of a file to a printer and there is also one to create an e-mail attachment.
- Superb Scanning Resolution
- When you combine 9600 x 9600 dpi maximum color resolution (film scanning) with a vivid 48-bit color depth and over 281 trillion possible colors, the results will astound you. You can continue your scanning brilliance with tremendous 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (interpolated) software enhanced scans. 1
- EZ Buttons
Utilize the seven EZ buttons to automate the entire scanning process.
- Auto Scan: Discriminates the document type automatically, then scans and saves it with appropriate settings.
- PDF Buttons: Allow you to easily create PDF files according to your needs. The B&W/Color buttons are for scanning B&W/color images in A4 or letter size at 300 dpi by default. The Custom button is for scanning images in user-specified settings. The Finish button ends the operation and saves the scanned image in a PDF file.
- Copy Button: Allows you to print the scanned image with a printer.
- E-Mail Button: Attaches the scanned image to a new e-mail message.
- Auto Scan Mode
- With the press of a single button you have the ability to bring eight steps into one as you scan your photo, document or personal notebook and have the type of original automatically recognized. In addition, the original is automatically cropped to proper size, scanned and saved in the appropriate file format.
- 35mm Film
- Make your old photos look virtually brand new again with the special film scanning guide frame and Film Adapter Unit by scanning one film strip at a time at a maximum 9600 color dpi. 2
- Auto Document Fix
- Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful and easy-to-view scan results by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Text characters stand out and are sharp, and clear; while pictures maintain their color tone and contrast.
- FARE Level 3
- FARE Level 3 is built-in retouching technology that allows automatic correction to photos and film, removing much of the dust and scratches while restoring color all at the same time. Restore the life of your memories automatically instead of having to spend lots of time manually retouching them.
- Gutter Shadow Correction
- This built-in correction removes the shadow typically seen when scanning a page from a book.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Scan and transfer images to your computer at the fastest possible scanning speeds with this connection. The USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Interface also allows for quick previews of your images to your computer.
- Software Included
The CanoScan 9000F comes with easy to use software to make your scanning experience productive.
Setup Software includes ScanGear (scanner driver), MP Navigator EX (utility software), and Solution Menu (menu panel software). Photo editing software includes Adobe Photoshop Elements and ArcSoft PhotoStudio.