The CI2+ Advanced Integration USB Studio from Steinberg consists of a USB audio interface and control surface and a full version of Cubase Essentials 5 recording software. The bundle is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers, and enables both beginners and advanced entry-level customers alike to easily create elaborate musical compositions on the computer.
The "studio" is best suited for musicians like guitarists, singers or electronic music producers who want to start producing and recording their own music with a computer. The CI2+ hardware and Essentials 5 software are deeply integrated with one another, making the recording experience as easy and creative as possible. Even creating and publishing a podcast or an audio book is a breeze.
There are two main functions the CI2+ provides - it's both a computer audio interface and a software control surface. The audio interface portion features 2 combo XLR and 1/4" inputs, ideal for microphones and line-level signals. One of the inputs can be used for plugging Hi-Z instruments (such as guitars and basses) directly into the computer. The microphone inputs can provide +48V of phantom power for use with condenser microphones.
The control surface readily speeds up workflow with the included Cubase Essentials 5 software. You can quickly scroll through menus and fully utilize the included Project Assistant software. The Project Assistant is loaded with many kinds of templates to suit different project styles. The templates will automatically set-up a session with tracks, effects, input and output routings, etc.
The AI Knob in the control section will automatically map itself to any control parameter that you mouse-over in Cubase, saving an incredible amount of time and keeping the creative juices flowing. Additionally, the control software provides dedicated hardware control of the Cubase transport functions.
- 2 high-quality microphone/line inputs with XLR combo connectors
- 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced Line outputs with 1/4" TRS phone connectors
- Headphone output
- Up to 24-bit/48kHz, latency-free hardware monitoring
- Smart mouse-over control of Cubase with the AI Knob
- Hands-free recording with Interactive Recording and footswitch operation
- Easy setup and workflow with Project Assistant and browsing via AI Knob
- Dedicated hardware control of Cubase transport functions
- 64 audio tracks, 64 MIDI tracks, 16 instrument tracks
- HALion ONE sample player with over 700 instrument sounds
- Prologue subtractive synthesizer
- 33 audio and 17 MIDI VST effect processors including PitchCorrect, AmpSimulator, EQ, compressor, delay, reverb, and more