Get the blazing speed of Gigabit Ethernet with the DGS-1016D 16-Port 10/100/1000 Switch from D-Link, a 16-port 10/100/1000Mb/s switch that delivers power, performance and reliability in one cost-effective, space-saving design. Increase the speed of your network server and backbone connections, or make Gigabit to the desktop a reality.
Power users in the office or creative production environment can now move large, bandwidth-intensive files faster. Transfer graphics, CGI, CAD, or multimedia files across the network near instantly.
This switch features D-Link Green eco-friendly technology, which reduces power consumption and operating costs, all in a desktop or rack mountable design.
- Easy To Use
The auto features of the DGS-1016D make installation plug-and-play and hassle-free; no configuration required! Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminate the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (10, 100 or 1000Mb/s) and intelligently adjusts for optimal performance.
The DGS-1016D also features diagnostic LEDs which display status and activity, allowing you to quickly detect and correct problems on the network. Every port also supports a cable diagnostic feature that helps to detect cable related issues.
It features a non-blocking switching architecture that filters and forwards packets at full wire-speed for maximum throughput. An 8K MAC address table provides scalability for even the largest networks. Address learning and aging, 802.3x Flow Control for full-duplex mode, and back pressure flow control for half-duplex mode alleviates traffic congestion and ensures reliable data transmission.
Designed using industry standards, the DGS-1016D is compatible with virtually all 10, 100 and 1000Mb/s Ethernet devices and other vendor equipment. The 16-Port 10/100/1000 Switch protects your existing network investments while providing you with a straightforward migration path to faster Gigabit speeds.
- Power Savings by Number of Connected Ports and Link Status
- Computers do not require Internet access all the time; neither do switches utilize all ports at all times. When a computer or network equipment is shut down, switches often remain on and continue to consume considerable amounts of power. With D-Link Green Technology, D-Link switches can automatically detect link status and reduce power usage of ports that are idle. Computers or any connecting parties set to standby mode (not power off), however, will not provide significant power savings.
- Power Savings by Cable Length
- D-Link Green verified switches have the ability to analyze the length of any Ethernet cable connected to them for adjustment of power usage accordingly. Shorter lengths require less power.
- Overall Power Savings Per Day
- For a traditional switch, power consumption remains constant even when the ports are not in use. In a standard workday scenario where PCs are used for 10 hours a day and powered off 14 hours a day, and connected to the switch using 20 meter cables, D-Link Green Technology can save up to 20% power used for each system.