The Monostat RS16K ART Monopod is a heavy-duty 4-section aluminum monopod that will support your camera, camcorder or other equipment weighing up to 33 lb (15kg). Ideal for steady shooting of a moving subject, the RS16K utilizes a unique "Swivel Toe Stabilizer" foot. The ball-socket friction-bearing design of the foot lets you easily maintain a firm position while rotating the monopod leg to follow a subject or to capture panoramic views. It ensures steady shots even in the most extreme telephoto positions.
The ART designation means that this support is constructed with anti-rotation tubing, allowing simple opening from any position of the leg sections. In addition, the top leg section comes protected with non-slip foam, for improved handling in extreme weather conditions. The RS16K will extend up to 62.2" (158cm) and folds down to 20.5" (52cm) so it can fit in your gear bag, or backpack.
- ART (Anti-Rotation Tubing) makes it possible to open and close the monopod faster and easier. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- The RS16K ensures steady shots in the most extreme telephoto positions.
- Due to the friction-bearing design of the foot, involuntary movements around the longitudinal axis of the leg are prevented while obtaining smooth motion in the horizontal axis for the purpose of following moving objects, or shooting panoramic views.
- Enables shooting on slippery surfaces, such as marble or ice, and from moving vehicles.
- The twist locks feature rubber collars, which make for easier operation and the top section is encased with a foam grip for easy holding under any weather condition.
- The Monostat RS16K comes with an expandable carry bag which is spacious enough for a ballhead (if left on the monopod).