Vanguard's SBH-100 Ball Head is an impressive, lightweight (15.9 oz, 450 g) support that will keep equipment up to 22 lb (10 kg) securely and accurately positioned on your tripod, aided by two built-in bubble levels.
The two features that separate the SBH Series Ball Heads from others are Vanguard's Single Piece Ball Unit Technology that incorporates ball and stem into one solid unit which provides a core strength that is resistant to degradation from everyday use and the Advanced Magnesium Housing System which couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior to provide the precision, fluid-like movements of a standard head minus extraneous weight. This head only weighs 15.9 oz (450 g).
The SBH-100 comes with two QS-39 quick release plates which makes it really easy and convenient to remove one camera from the ball head and replace it with another.
- Advanced Magnesium Housing System
- An innovative advanced housing system couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior, providing all of the precise, fluid-like movement of a standard fluid ball head without extraneous weight.
- Bubble Level
- SBH ball heads have two large built-in bubble levels. Combine the head's double vertical and horizontal balance/stability control with your tripod's bubble level and you cannot achieve more stable or more precise positioning.
- Double Locking System
- SBH ball heads have a double locking system, ensuring maximum security for your equipment. Two separate mechanisms are simultaneously triggered to release the quick release plate; you can be confident that your camera and lenses won't fall.
- Panoramic Function
- The SBH-100 has a dedicated horizontal control knob that enables you to take incredible panoramic shots with smooth, full 360° movement.