The WhiBal White Balance G7 Pocket Kit comes with a white balance card that is small enough to fit in a wallet or shirt pocket. It also comes with a lanyard (cord) for wearing around the neck. This way you can be sure you'll always have it with you when you need it as opposed to leaving it somewhere in a drawer. Because color temperature varies under different lighting sources (i.e. sunlight, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent) it's important to use a white balance card for accurate color representation under any type of light.
WhiBal white balance cards are designed to be neutrally gray throughout their surface, are water and scratch proof, and are individually tested by an industrial spectrophotometer before they leave the factory. For it to work properly the card must be held at an angle where there's no reflection bouncing off of it. For this reason the card, which in itself is very low reflective, features a highly reflective sticker that shows the photographer at a glance whether the card is held properly.
To achieve maximum results it's best to shoot in RAW and then use a RAW conversion program such as Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom to adjust the picture. With a RAW conversion software you can also white balance at once a group of pictures taken under the same lighting conditions. Included in the kit are a stand for placing the card upright on a wall or horizontal surface. Also included is a Tyvek sleeve for protecting the card in between uses.
- Fits in your shirt pocket (same size as an American business card) so you will actually use it rather than have it in your bag.
- Waterproof and scratchproof material
- Comes with convenient stand for ease of setup on tables or flat surfaces. No need for someone to hold the WhiBal.
- Each card is individually measured with a precision spectrophotometer to certify that it meets or exceeds stringent specifications
- The Gray card is designed for low reflectivity, except that the sticker is intentionally highly reflective so that maximum TrueBlack Blackpoint level may be achieved by observing for maximum glare point and then backing the angle down.
- Can be used to set white balance reference, black point and white point.
- Fits shirt pocket or can hang on studio hook or lanyard