The WhiBal White Balance G7 Studio Kit provides you with a reference point for acquiring accurate color temperature within a particular lighting scenario. Because color temperature varies under different lighting sources (i.e. sunlight, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent) it's important to use a white balance card for proper color representation under any type of light.
WhiBal white balance cards are designed to be neutrally gray throughout their surface, are water and scratch proof, and are individually tested by an industrial spectrophotometer before they leave the factory. For it to work properly the card must be held at an angle where there's no reflection bouncing off of it. For this reason the white balance card, which in itself is very low reflective, features a highly reflective sticker that shows the photographer at a glance whether the card is held properly.
To achieve maximum results it's best to shoot in RAW and then use a RAW conversion program such as Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom to adjust the picture. With a RAW conversion software you can also white balance at once a group of pictures taken under the same lighting conditions. Included in the kit are a stand and a hanger for placing the card upright on a wall or horizontal surface. Also included is a Tyvek sleeve for protecting the card in between uses.
- Waterproof and scratchproof material
- Comes with convenient stand for ease of setup on tables or flat surfaces. No need for someone to hold the WhiBal.
- Each card is individually measured with a precision spectrophotometer to certify that it meets or exceeds stringent specifications
- The Gray card is designed for low reflectivity, except that the sticker is intentionally highly reflective so that maximum TrueBlack Blackpoint level may be achieved by observing for maximum glare point and then backing the angle down.
- Can be used to set white balance reference, black point and white point.