The Axiom 61 from M-Audio is a compact, 61-key controller for use with your music software and MIDI gear. In addition to being a comprehensive "data entry" controller, the keyboard features piano-style, semi-weighted keys for a musically satisfying playing experience.
Large dynamic trigger pads make it easy to program beats and trigger one-shot samples, while encoder knobs and buttons deliver complete real-time control over your software. DirectLink mode provides easy access to common DAW functions, including transport, mixer, track pan, and virtual instrument parameters, with no complicated setup required.
Each controller can be mapped to just about any MIDI message available, along with independent channel addressing for each, allowing endless possibilities for control. And with the new Instrument mode, a single button press instantly maps the faders, buttons, and encoders to any virtual instrument inside your DirectLink-compatible host.
The keyboard also features a sleek, angled top panel for easy viewing in any environment, providing all the right information and controls at your fingertips, whether you're on stage or in the studio. The backlit LCD screen provides informative feedback from DAW hosts, including on-screen display of parameters, settings, and track/VI names. The Axiom 61 is extremely compact and lightweight and is powered directly from your computer's USB bus.
- 61-key, velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted-action keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- DirectLink mode automatically maps controls to common DAW and virtual instrument parameters
- Dedicated Instrument mode button lets you instantly switch between controlling mixer and virtual instrument parameters
- 4 zone buttons for stacking and splitting sounds on up to 4 MIDI channels
- 8 assignable trigger pads
- 8 assignable rotary encoder knobs
- 9 assignable, low-profile 40mm faders
- 9 assignable buttons with LED lights for DAW feedback
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- 6 edit buttons
- Dedicated track up/down, bank, mute and solo buttons
- Dedicated patch +/- buttons
- Assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Combination octave/transpose up/down rocker switch
Factory presets map controls to popular music software:
- 20 non-volatile memory locations
- Memory dump via SysEx
- 4 keybed velocity curves and 3 fixed velocity settings
- 4 pad velocity curves, 3 fixed settings, and unique "step" velocity curves
- 2 assignable pedal inputs
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X
- Powered via USB or optional power supply
- Built-in USB MIDI interface including standard MIDI In and Out jacks
- All controllers fully programmable to MIDI controller number and channel
- Controller Mute function mutes controller output to avoid parameter jumps
- Snapshot function transmits all current controller settings
- On/off rocker switch