Quantum continues to push the envelope with the Quantum Turbo Blade Battery Pack, jamming a huge amount of flash power into a wafer-thin battery which is 40% smaller than its Turbo Compact.
Weighing in at under 15 oz and measuring just 1.44" in height it's ideal for grab-and-go photography. Not only does it go anywhere but it fits anywhere as well. The 1/4"-20 top tripod screw nestles neatly into your SLR, adding just enough weight for stability. Slip a flash into the hot shoe and you'll truly experience the balance of power in a sleek form factor. For additional support Quantum has added a 1/4"-20 tap on the bottom of the unit for tripod, monopod or light stand mounting.
Although these attributes are reason enough to purchase the Blade it's really all about the power, isn't it? Quantum comes through with up to 2850 flashes at 1/8 power for shoe mounted flashes. That translates as fill-flash heaven.
The Blade includes features that we've come to expect from Quantum over the years like a "gas gauge" type power indicator and sleek rugged exterior. With the introduction of the Blade power just got smaller, faster and lighter.
- Lightweight Power
- Slip a flash into the hot shoe and a Blade under your camera for a one-piece flash photography machine. Shoot hundreds of non-stop flashes.
- Compatible with Support Systems
- Mount a Blade on a monopod or light stand with a flash attached or with a camera and flash.
- Fast Recycling
- 1/10 sec in TTL, 1.5 sec for full power shoe mount flashes
- All Day Power
- 400 to 2000 shots per charge with a shoe mount flash.
- Convenient Connections
- Connects with "CC" type short flash cables. ("C" type long flash cables also compatible).
- Power Indicator
- Trademark "gas gauge" like all Quantum Turbos.
- Quick Recharging
- Charges up in just 1.5 hours.
- NiMH Cells
- No memory NiMH rechargeable cells.