The Intova Strobe ISS 4000 was designed for digital cameras. By means of a small light slave sensor in the strobe body, the strobe unit triggers in sync with the digital camera's internal flash. There is a connector so you can use a fiber optic cable.
The power dial is used to manually adjust the light output from 10 to 100%. This provides accurate manual exposure control and short recycle time. At full power you have 42 watt-seconds with a guide number of 20m (ISO 100) in air. This along with an 80° beam angle and the included diffuser allows the strobe to be compatible for both macro and wide angle photography.
The ISS 4000 features four different pre-flash settings, to suit a wide variety of digital cameras. Whether your camera has one, two or three pre-flashes to set exposure or none at all, the strobe ensures firing and correct exposure with all camera types.
Attach the ISS 4000 to the flex arm (not included) -- it's easy to do. Now you are ready to shoot great photos underwater and outdoors in extreme environments.
An external flash is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Using a color corrected strobe light will bring back your subject's natural color.
- Adjustable power output (10-100%)
- 4 pre-flash settings
- Powerful 42 watt-second flash-tube
- Guide Number: 20m (ISO 100) in air
- Uses 4 x AA batteries (alkaline or rechargeable)
- Approx. 240 flashes per set of batteries
- Slave sensor attachment for fiber optic cable
- Beam angle 80° horizontal
- Fires with slave sensor with receptacle for standard 7mm optical fiber adapter