The HD Pro Wedge from Celestron is designed for fork-mounted Celestron Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes up to 11". The wedge provides a stable and heavy-duty platform that minimizes vibrations during astro-imaging. As the telescope's motor drive tracks the stars across the sky from east to west, the HD Pro Wedge tilts the telescope's R.A. into polar alignment allowing the motor drive to track an arc around the polar axis as the stars move across the celestial sphere. The wedge comes pre-assembled but some adjustment will be necessary.
Functional for use at the equator, the HD Pro Wedge can be configured for either a latitude range of 0-50° or 40-90°, depending on your location. The center of gravity can be adjusted for maximum stability. There are over-sized adjustment knobs for both altitude and azimuth for easy polar alignment. A holder for the hand control can be placed on the wedge or the fork arm. The tilt plate allows the telescope to be easily mounted onto the wedge and a large 14 mm diameter latitude adjustment screw adds to the stability of the HD Pro Wedge.
- Low altitude range of 0-90° allows use at the equator
- Latitude adjustment screw of 14 mm diameter contributes strength and stability
- Built-in hand control holder can be placed on the wedge or the fork arm. The hand control is designed not to fall off when the fork arm is angled towards the ground
- Tilt plate has recesses to fit the base of the telescope so that the base of scope drops into place just by rotating it
- Heavy-duty side plates are more rigid providing less vibration while imaging