Part of the flagship 8000 Series, the Panasonic PT-DZ8700U WUXGA DLP Projector is ideally suited for fixed installations and public display venues including independent cinema, live events, educational institutions, entertainment and advertising or as the hub of cutting-edge home theater applications.
The 3-chip system with DLP technology delivers outstanding image resolution. Considered among the most advanced projector engines, it adds a Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) chip to each of the red, green, and blue signals. This gives superior light utilization for high brightness, low-noise digital processing and linear white balance. It ensures minimal image degradation and a quick response that eliminates afterimages.
It would be faint praise indeed to describe the PT-DZ8700U as "heavy-duty." While compact, the sturdily-built, 53 lb unit has what takes to go the distance. It's for mission-critical environments such as 24-hour a day command and control centers thanks to the Dual 355W Lamp System which employs a Lamp Relay Mode to cycle each lamp on and off during 24/7 scenarios. 10,600 ANSI lumens is enough power to overwhelm most ambient light challenges while the crackling 10,000:1 contrast achieved by the dynamic iris delivers WUXGA (1920 x 1200) imagery that leaps off the screen. And don't worry if your source material was compressed. Detail Clarity Processor 3 restores any subtle details that may have been lost during the compression process.
The PT-DZ8700U ships without a lens but the good news is that you have 6 zoom lenses and one fixed lens to choose from. Whichever you choose, the projector can accommodate screen sizes from 70 inches to a whopping 600 inches diagonal.
Other features include a built-in clock to schedule projector functions, PIP, and DICOM simulation mode. Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine, or DICOM, allows educators to display subtle nuances and grayscale subtleties in X-rays, radiography or MRIs. The Geometric Adjustment Function allows you to project images onto uniquely-shaped screens and surfaces such as cylinders, curves or spheres. The function is accessed simply using the remote control and greatly expands your creative and entertainment possibilities. The Waveform Monitor Function helps restore the black and white image levels when the source output level fluctuates.
The PT-DZ8700U's wide connectivity includes HDMI, DVI-D and RS-232c control. The projector also features an HD/SD-SDI input which is used on professional equipment for transmitting uncompressed, unencrypted digital video signals.
Lens Not Included!
- Dual Lamp System
- Panasonic's original Dual Lamp System eliminates interruptions due to lamp failure (in dual-lamp operation mode). The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection. Operation is possible in temperatures up to 113°F/45°C. A dust-resistant optical block is also employed. These features combine to ensure high reliability.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3
- This digital image processing circuit brings greater clarity and sharpness to details, by reproducing fine nuances that were lost due to image compression.
- System Daylight View 2
- System Daylight View 2 enhances perceived brightness and contrast for remarkable detail. It includes a built-in ambient light sensor that automatically detects room brightness and adjusts operation accordingly.
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine, or DICOM simulation mode allows medical educators to display high-resolution images with exceptional detail and clarity. This helps train technologists and others to recognize and understand the subtle grayscale differences visible on digital radiography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance.
- Waveform Monitor Function
- A waveform monitor function enables easy adjustment of black and white levels.
- Less Filter Changes
- The Auto Cleaning Filter (ACF) eliminates the need to clean the air filter for up to 10,000 hours.
- Flexible Design
- A lens-centered design, a wide range of optional lenses, powered H/V-lens shift, and flexible vertical 360-degree installation enable smooth flexibility for use in various locations.
- Multi-unit Brightness Control
- The Multi-unit Brightness Control function automatically adjusts and controls brightness variation over multiple screens.
- Direct Power Off lets you directly shut off the power supply breaker.
- Wide Connectivity
- Versatile interfaces are provided, including an HD/SD-SDI input terminal and an HDMI input terminal.
- Geometric Adjustment
- The Geometric Adjustment function lets you project images onto specially shaped screens without distortion.
- Scheduling Function
- A Scheduling Function enables timed operation via a built-in clock to program the projectors to turn on or off at specific hours during the day.
- Picture in Picture lets you flexibly control the layout of two windows for a wide variety of presentations.
- Environment-friendly, low standby power consumption of 0.2W.
- 7 Optional Lenses
Zoom lenses: ET-D75LE6, ET-D75LE10, ET-D75LE20, ET-D75LE30, ET-D75LE4Z, ET-D75LE8.
Fixed-focus lens: ET-D75LE5.