The Royer R-101 Ribbon Microphone is a professional solution with a modest price to suit project, home and professional recording studios alike. In the tradition of the Royer R-121, the R-101 features a 2.5-micron ribbon element, and Royer's patented offset placement for maximum sensitivity within the prime magnetic field.
The rare earth neodymium magnet maximizes the microphone's sensitivity, and results in high SPL handling and analog warmth. The R-101 features a figure-8 polar pattern for flexible microphone positioning, and its high sensitivity is ideal for capturing brass instruments, amplifier cabinets, guitar and other transient-rich sources without noise and distortion. The R-101 includes a shockmount and rugged carrying / storage case.
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion
- Multi-layered wind screen provides superior protection to ribbon element
- No internal electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element