The Panasonic TC-P50GT25 50" VIERA 3D Plasma TV is yet another high-end display to ride the mounting tsunami of panels which turn traditional passive viewing into a completely interactive experience with radically immersive 3D technology. Cue up a 3D movie in your Blu-ray player and you're on your way. In fact, even if you don't have 3D content, the TC-P50GT25's powerful processor can render regular 2D content into simulated 3D on the fly. Just add 3D shutter glasses to add new "dimension" to your favorite classics and 2D programs. You can even view JPEG photo slideshows stored on a thumbdrive, SD memory card or computer in 3D.
At 50", the TC-P50GT25 is certainly going to attract attention even before you turn it on. With its Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution and 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, thanks to proprietary Infinite Black technology, it starts out with some spectacular specs. But then Panasonic has added feature upon feature to improve an already excellent picture. Its 3D Color Management feature improves the hue, saturation and brightness by precisely honing in on those colors that need correction while leaving others alone. The Anti-Reflective Filter keeps those vivid lifelike colors from being marred by room reflections on the screen. Pair your TC-P50GT25 with a DVD or Blu-ray player that supports 24p playback and you'll watch movies at exactly the frame rate at which they were shot without "jaggies" or "judder".
For the ultimate in quality motion picture viewing, switch to THX mode. THX-certified devices, like the TC-P50GT25, have to meet rigorous standards for image performance and quality, ensuring a superb cinematic experience at home. The TC-P50GT25 also has two USB ports from which it can play programming. You can also use one of the USB ports to plug in a USB wireless LAN adapter (sold separately). The set is already Internet-ready; with its built-in RJ-45 jack you can plug directly into your broadband modem or via a router. Panasonic calls it VIERA Cast; you'll call it amazing. Imagine viewing YouTube and Picasa Web Albums on your TV with no PC or external boxes required! The built-in Web menu updates itself automatically as new content becomes available. The addition of Skype makes it possible to talk live to friends all over the world on the TC-P50GT25's big screen by adding a camera. Best of all you can talk for free as long as you want to anyone who's on Skype.
In the past, plasma sets were known as energy gulpers. No more. Your TC-P50GT25 uses only about half the energy similar sets used just a few years ago. With all the latest high technology, Panasonic hasn't forgotten about those who are hearing impaired. This set can display closed captioning from sources that provide it. It's also great in noisy environments like gyms, clubs or conventions.
Finally, Energy Star compliance ensures that your TV will save you money while it helps preserve the environment. Panasonic's TC-P50GT25 poses the question, "Isn't it time you became a participant instead of an observer?"
- Full HD 3D
- Full HD 3D TV offers the ultimate immersive viewing experience by liberating content from the flat confines of the TV and turning it into explosive imagery. Clear, FULL HD 3D images are produced by combining three new technologies: High-Speed 3D Drive, Crosstalk Reduction, and a High-Speed Moving Picture Process.
- 2D to 3D Conversion
- The TC-P50GT25 has a powerful processor powerful that can render regular 2D content into simulated 3D on the fly. Just add 3D shutter glasses to add new "dimension" to your favorite classics and 2D programs.
- 3D Image Viewer
- This function lets you easily view your photos and movies in 3D. The VIERA SD card slot is compatible with 3D format still and motion images. Simply insert an SD memory card into the VIERA SD card slot for easy, private viewing of 3D images.
- VIERA CAST WiFi with Skype Capabilities
- Your TC-P50GT25 has an RJ-45 jack for Internet connectivity or you can plug in an optional wireless adapter to make the connection. Once you're connected you can enjoy unlimited videos and pictures from YouTube and Picasa Web Albums plus financial updates and local weather. No PC or external boxes are required. Just make your choice from a built-in web menu that self-updates as new content becomes available. The addition of Skype makes it possible to talk live to friends all over the world on the TC-P50GT25's large screen. Best of all, you can talk for free as long as you want to anyone who's on Skype (requires camera).
- VIERA Link (HDMI CEC)
- VIERA Link technology lets you enjoy the convenience of one remote control to operate and control all your compatible home entertainment devices. It utilizes the HDMI CEC standard to easily turn on and control your compatible HDMI-connected components without having to use multiple remote controls.
- VIERA Image Viewer
- It's easy to view Full HD images with the SD card slot. Watch and show your photos and motion images right after you take them. Simply insert an SD card into VIERA to display photos and Full HD videos on the large screen. An easy-to-see, easy-to-use thumbnail display has also been added. Special new slideshow frames and an increased number of display effects are also included.
- Full-time 1080 Moving Picture Resolution
- VIERA plasma TVs feature 1080 lines of moving picture resolution. You enjoy clear, detailed images even in fast-moving scenes, with no blurring or afterimages. The NeoPDP technology's high-speed drive performance instantly generates a large electrical discharge and shortens the display time for each image frame to minimize afterimages. This makes virtually every scene crystal-clear.
- Infinite Black Pro Panel
- A new filter, improvements to the cell discharge area, and enhanced cell performance have greatly increased luminous efficiency to produce crisp blacks. And minimizing the electrical pre-discharge helps to both raise contrast and save energy.
- Wide Color Viewing Area
- View breathtaking images with rich, vivid colors from anywhere in the room. Because plasma TVs are self-illuminating, images look beautiful from any angle. Black areas do not fade and colors look virtually the same no matter where you sit.
- HDMI v 1.3 with x.v.Color / Deep Color
- This set has 3 HDMI 1.3 input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and x.v.Color color in the HDMI 1.3 standard. Deep Color provides 10-bit color depths (over 1.07 billion colors) for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color reproduces natural, lifelike images.
- THX Certified Display
- What does it mean to be THX certified? It means your TV has gone through a rigorous design and laboratory testing process, which includes more than 400 data points to ensure exceptional image quality and signal processing performance in your home theater. Sports fans and home theater fans often complain of jaggy lines and image softening when a TV's motion becomes too intense. THX works closely with manufacturers to minimize these types of distracting artifacts, letting you experience clean, smooth motion and vivid colors with every frame.
- 24p Playback
- The TC-P50GT25 has 24p playback. Because motion pictures are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and video is recorded at 30 fps, translating film to video has always been problematic. The solution is 24p playback, so you can watch motion pictures (from DVD or Blu-ray players that also support 24p) at exactly the frame rate they were filmed for smoother, more lifelike images.
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction
- The motion pattern noise reduction circuit detects motion patterns that tend to generate video noise, and makes adjustments to maximize image quality. It helps produce clear, sharp images with outstanding detail, even in scenes with considerable motion. This result is a noticeable improvement in moving picture quality.
- Anti-Reflective Filter
- This advanced filter keeps images sharp, with minimal glare. While dramatically reducing reflections from external light, it helps to produce clear images and maintain a wide range of color.
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive - 1080 Line Moving Picture Resolution
- 600Hz technology lets you view superb Full HD motion and still images. For even greater clarity with motion images. Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology. This technology converts the motion in each scene into data. And each frame is practically displayed for a shorter length of time than in previous systems, to reduce aftereffects.
- 100,000 Hours Rated Life
- In about 100,000 hours of viewing, you can expect your TC-P50GT25 to be only about half as bright as it is now. With eight hours of viewing per day that will be about 30 years from now.
- USB Connection
- Use the USB terminal to watch PC-stored photos and videos, or listen to music, on your large-screen VIERA TV. Similar to VIERA Image Viewer, you can enjoy a variety of easy-to-use functions, such as slideshows and thumbnail displays. You can also connect a USB Keyboard and Wireless LAN adapter for more comfortable VIERA CAST enjoyment.