As the name implies, the Technikardan combines the compactness of the classic Linhof Technika drop-bed cameras with the versatility of the Kardan monorail series. The Linhof Technikardan 45s features full format flexibility, from the standard roll film sizes up to 4x5" cut film, including the remarkable 6x12cm wide-field images and all the appropriate Polaroid film formats. Its wide-angle lens capabilities allow the use of lenses 55mm and longer without recessed lensboards. The goal of its designers was to have studio camera features in a field camera size with interchangeable bellows, center swings and tilts with zero click stops, triple extension monorail, and precision-machined dovetail fittings for all movements which are positively secured with color-coded locks for smooth, rapid operation.
- Front and rear standards rotate 90 degrees, parallel to the rail, making the camera flat and more compact for easy transport.
- Shutter functions can be controlled behind the camera with optional Prontor TK lenses
- Accepts standard Technika 45 style lensboards
- Snap-on Kardan 45 back w/ grid groundglass
- Fully compatible with complete Linhof system
- The most compact of all 4x5 monorail cameras