The Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Speakers and Subwoofer is a powerful, versatile audio system, sure to enliven your music, movies, or games. This 75W system delivers 5.1 Surround Sound through a combination of one ported, down-firing subwoofer and five satellite speakers. In terms of satellites, you will have two for the front of your room, two for the back, and one to be placed front and center. While that arrangement of satellite speakers ensures rich surround sound for higher and mid-range frequencies, you'll have the added bass "oomph" of the subwoofer. With its down-firing driver, bass is bounced off the surface on which the subwoofer sits and spreads throughout the room. Not to mention, the subwoofer also has an adjustable bass knob, so if you're shaking the windows and furniture too much, you can always turn it down.
Because this system has multiple inputs you have the option of connecting a variety of sound devices, such as your desktop, laptop, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPod, and DVD player. Even if some of these devices only support two channel sound, the speaker system will still produce a 360° surround sound that's immersive and tonally balanced. To get the most from your speakers, though, your computer or device should have a sound card that supports the full 5.1 Surround Sound.
To get started, connect the color-coded cables from each satellite speaker to the subwoofer, then it's up to you what sound device to connect. The subwoofer has a 3.5mm audio-in jack for connecting any iPods, MP3 players, and desktop or laptop computers (without sound cards). Just connect the included green 3.5mm cable from the headphone jack of your sound device to your subwoofer. For gaming systems or DVD players, connect a (not included) RCA cable or AV cable from the appropriate jack on your device to the RCA jacks on the subwoofer. For a computer that supports 5.1 Surround Sound, connect the three included green, black, and orange 3.5mm cables from your subwoofer to the same sound card jacks on your computer. If these options weren't enough, you can also connect your headphones to the jack on the right front speaker for private listening. All told, for an extremely versatile speaker system with 5.1 Surround Sound and powerful bass, check out the Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers and Subwoofer.
- Designed for use with your laptop, desktop computer, MP3 player, iPod, gaming system, and DVD player
- System pushes up to 75 watts of RMS power to provide a rich room-filling, 5.1 Surround Sound (for supported devices)
- For any devices that only support two-channel sound, the system converts the signal into an immersive 360° surround sound
- Subwoofer is ported to prevent signal distortion, especially at higher volumes, and features a down-firing driver so that the bass is spread throughout the room
- Of the satellite speakers included, you will have two for the front of your room, two for the back, and one to be placed front and center
- Bass and volume controls allow you to adjust the sound to your liking
- Included headphone jack allows for private listening and mutes your system volume when in use