The Oben BB-0T Ball Head is a sturdy, lightweight aluminum ball head for photography that features three separate knobs: a main lockdown knob, a separate knob for tension control, and a separate panning lock. With a load capacity of 17.6 lb, the BB-0T head will support DSLR cameras even as they're equipped with accessories and long telephoto lenses. The head has a slim design that makes it especially suited for folding a.k.a. travel tripods – models of which the legs fold upward 180° for extra compactness when a head is attached.
The BB-0T's three separate rubberized knobs enable higher-precision adjustments to the head than are possible with single-lever heads. Panoramic photography is well-served, for instance, because you can pan a specific number of degrees while keeping the head's tilt position locked. In fact, the BB-0T features degree markings around its circumference to aid in that task.
The tension-control knob accommodates the varying requirements of lighter and heavier camera setups, as well as the preferences of individual photographers as they adjust and readjust their camera's orientation. At any tension level, the locking of the head's ball is remarkably strong.
The included QR-10 quick-release plate attaches to your camera via its standard 1/4"-20 screw. The BB-0T head features an Arca-Swiss-style clamp for securing the plate. A rubberized knob controls the opening and closing of the aluminum clamp simply and reliably. Two studs on the bottom of the plate help prevent the camera & plate from sliding all the way forward or backward out of the head, in case the clamp is inadvertently left loose.
- The head's slim design makes it especially suited for folding a.k.a. travel tripods
- The head pans a full 360°, and degree markers around its base help you properly orient your shooting
- 90° groove for tilting the camera to portrait orientation
- Spirit level underneath the quick-release plate indicates whether your tripod and head are aligned with the horizon before you attach the camera
- Rubberized quick-release plate surface