The Shape Spider II Pro Kit is a hand-held professional camera support kit equipped with the Spider II Pro camera support, a Shape Box, and a Counter Weight.
The Spider II Pro has an adjustable camera platform height (2-1/2" to 3-3/4") below the shoulder tip. Featuring the SP Shoulder Rig, 15mm Rod System, Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm, Hand5 Quick Handle, and the Pad1 Back Pad, the Spider II Pro secures the camera firmly with accessories for mobile applications.
The SP Shoulder Rig is the core component of the camera support and easily adjusts to fit any body type. It uses a standard 1/4-20 camera screw to attach the camera on the Shoulder Rig, and positions the camera with the help of a knob, accessible through a 3" slot on the camera platform.
Using a quick-release plate (not included) that can be attached below, you can attach the Spider II Pro to any standard tripods. It also allows you to attach and position the Shape Box above or below the camera platform. Made of aluminum, the Shoulder Rig is solid and durable and holds your camera securely. The rig is powder coated with a professional looking wrinkle finish.
The 15mm Rod System is used as an accessory for matte boxes, 35mm lens adaptor, and follow focus mechanisms. It avoids additional weight on the lens by supporting the weight of these accessories. The 15mm Rod System is composed of a bracket and two 15mm aluminum rods. Measuring 8" (20.3cm) in length, the rods have 1/2-13 threaded female tips which allow attachment to other 15mm rods. Using a 4mm hexagonal key, the Rod System is attached to the front of the camera and can be easily removed when not in use.
The Arm1 Telescopic Support Arm is a Manfrotto 233B Camera Mount Bracket with a 4"cup that provides large surface contact area. Augmented stability and versatility is provided for camera support using the telescopic support arm. You can extend the arm from 14-20". Rotation of 360° along both the vertical and horizontal axes is possible via the rotating arm. Easy attachment and removal of the cup attributes versatility to the telescopic support arm. Removal of the cup enables you to use the arm for supporting accessories such as a microphone or a camera light.
Featuring 2 handles that can rotate individually (360°), the Hand5 Quick Handle with a simple push of a button allows moving the arms, and releasing the button secures the handles firmly in place. Weighing only 0.35 lb, the detachable Pad1 Back Pad can be positioned easily (up and down by 1-1/4" (3 cm) and left and right on 360°), and adds stability and comfort to the shoulder rig.
Incorporating a convenient design, the Shape Box is a video accessories holder that holds all accessories in proximity to the camera. Accessories such as wireless audio receivers, audio recorders, hard drive recorders, and battery packs can be stored within the Shape Box. You can attach it below the camera platform of compatible camera supports or directly beneath a camera via a 1/4-20 screw located on upper side of the box. Two 1/4-20 threaded holes on the lower side of the Shape Box allow you to connect it above the camera platform of compatible camera supports. Open front and rear of the box allow you to access the housed accessory without hassles for plugging/unplugging cables or accessing controls at the front. Neoprene foam pads measuring 3/16" on the upper and lower surfaces of the box hold the accessory in place. The 1/8" aluminum Shape Box body is covered with an industrial grade powder coat.
The Counter Weight is a professional video accessory that augments stability of a camera support by balancing or counterweighting the camera at the rear. Free motion of the handles is also enabled as the camera weight is relieved by the Counter Weight weighing 4 lb. It also includes padding for the Counter Weight. You can attach the Counter Weight to the camera support via a screw knob. You can easily position the Counter Weight to fit your body type, and a simple removal mechanism allows you to detach it from the camera support.
- Spider Kit Pro Kit
- Equipped with Spider II Pro camera support, a Shape Box, and a Counter Weight
- Spider II Pro
- Hand-held professional camera support device with adjustable camera platform height (2-1/2" to 3-3/4")
- Features the SP Shoulder Rig, Hand5 Quick Handle, and the Pad1 Back Pad
- Fits any body type
- SP Shoulder Rig
- Uses standard 1/4"-20 camera screw to attach camera onto the shoulder rig
- Positions the camera with the help of a knob, accessible through a 3" slot on the camera platform
- Can be attached to any standard tripod using a quick-release plate (not included) that can be attached below
- Allows you to attach and position the Shape Box (not included) above or below the camera platform
- Made of aluminum, the Shoulder Rig is strong and securely holds your cameras
- Powder coated with a professional looking wrinkle finish
- Telescopic Support Arm
- You can attach a detachable telescopic support arm positioned to fit any body type
- Offers increased stability and versatility for camera support
- Provides arm extension range of 14-20"
- 15mm Rod System
- 15mm Rod System extends the reach of the Spider II Pro
- Avoids additional weight on the lens by supporting the weight of matte boxes, 35mm lens adaptor, and follow focus mechanisms
- Hand5 Quick Handle
- Features 2 handles that can rotate individually (360°)
- Simple button operation for moving and firmly securing the Quick Handles
- Pad1 Back Pad
- Pad1 Back Pad can be positioned easily (up and down by 1-1/4" (3cm) and left and right on 360°)
- Adds stability and comfort to the Shoulder Rig
- Shape Box
- Incorporates a convenient design to hold all video accessories in proximity to the camera
- Houses accessories such as wireless audio receivers, audio recorders, hard drive recorders, and battery packs
- Reduces the length of the connectors and cables required for the accessories
- Offers under camera platform attachment or under camera environment via a 1/4-20 screw located on the upper side of the box
- Two 1/4-20 threaded holes on the lower side allow connection above the camera platform of compatible camera supports
- Provides access to the housed accessories via open front and rear
- Includes 3/16" neoprene foam pads on the upper and lower surfaces to hold the accessory in place
- 1/8" aluminum body is covered with an industrial grade powder coat
- Counter Weight
- Augments stability of a camera support by balancing or counterweighting the camera at the rear
- Includes padding for the Counter Weight
- Weighs 4 lb
- Attaches to the camera support via a screw knob
- Offers a simple removal mechanism to detach from the camera support