With the HD-990 CD Player Harmon Kardan once again proves that uncompromising dedication to quality coupled with cutting edge technology yields a player at the very summit of the audio world.
The player packs a wide array of sophisticated audio technologies into a low-profile, attractive package. Two AD1955 high performance, stereo digital-to-analog converters enable third generation RLS III. Real-time Linear Smoothing (RLSIII) creates a spacious sound-stage with highly detailed almost textural qualities. The High Resolution Synchronization (HRS) ensures jitter-free reproduction between HRS compatible components. Other impressive specs include a 24-bit/384kHz sample rate converter and 32-bit direct Digital Signal Processing (DSP) mode.
Connectivity includes two digital audio outputs and two balanced XLR outputs with dual Diamond Class A output stages. In addition to compatibility with standard CD formats, the HD 990 is capable of MP3 playback with ID3 Tag information.
For the highest possible CD reproduction, the Harmon Kardon HD 990 is hard to beat.
- Asynchronous digital processing for highest possible jitter rejection based on a 32-bit DSP.
- Real-time Linear Smoothing III.
- Two digital inputs (1x optical and 1x coaxial) for dramatic audio performance improvement of external devices.
- CD playback with CD text functionality. MP3 playback with ID3 Tag information.
- Balanced XLR analog outputs for best matching to amplifiers with balanced inputs.
- Digital output for direct connection to outboard digital-to-analog converters.
- Sophisticated programming features to automatically play tracks in preprogrammed or random order.
- High Resolution Synchronization (HRS) link permits direct clock lock to the HK 990 amplifier's D/A converter for extreme precision and quality of sound.
- Full compatibility with CD-R and CD-RW format to play (finalized) recordable and erasable discs without problems.