Up-to-date features, meet classic old-school Leica design: the Leica D-LUX 5 Digital Camera (Black) is a compact 10.1MP digital camera with a very fast f/2-3.3 DC Vario-Summicron 24-90mm (35mm equivalent) lens that is Leica inside and out.
The D-LUX 5 delivers a range of features designed to give you brilliant image quality in a compact (4 1/3 x 2 2/3 x 1 5/7"), lightweight (9.5 oz) camera--with sensitivity up to 12800 ISO, a bright, high resolution 3" LCD display with 460,000 dots, a large 1/1.6.3" CCD sensor, O.I.S. image stabilization, program and manual exposure modes, free online download of professional software (Adobe Lightroom 4) for processing RAW files (for the highest quality images possible), and dazzling 720p HD video.
It also has all the modern conveniences, like face detection and autofocus tracking metering modes, scene modes (Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Food, Party, Candlelight, Sunset, Baby 1 and 2, Pet, Beach, Snow, Color modes--you know the drill), 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 formats, a built-in flash plus a hot-shoe for an optional Leica flash, and a macro function that focuses down to 0.39" (1 cm). Pretty much everything you need.
And, it looks like a Leica.
- Super-Fast Lens
- The newly developed, fast, Leica DC Vario-Summicron 1:2-3.3/5.1-19.2 mm ASPH. zoom lens offers an extremely practical range of focal lengths (24-90 mm-equivalent in 35mm format) With it Leica sets another new benchmark in the history of compact camera lenses. Thanks to its extremely fast maximum aperture, the Leica DC Vario-Summicron makes it an ideal camera for "available light" photography e. g. in the dawn or twilight hours and the new lens offers even more creative freedom than its predecessor.
- Brilliant Image Quality
- The D-Lux 5 features a newly designed 1/1.63"-CCD image sensor that is particularly large for a compact camera. Even at the standard resolution of 10.1 megapixels, this contributes to a significant increase in image quality. The results speak for themselves: combined with the camera's electronics and firmware, it guarantees brilliant high-contrast images with natural color rendition and superb sharpness - just the way you expect them to be from a Leica camera! The new D-Lux 5 delivers images in all 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 formats as well as 1:1, a particularly interesting format for creative composition, in both capture and review mode.
- Creative Freedom
- Photography with a Leica camera must be one thing above all - a sheer pleasure. And that is precisely what the Leica D-Lux 5 offers with its amazingly simple and intuitive handling and clearly laid out functions. For instance, you can set manual settings, quickly and easily, using the D-Lux 5's innovative "Clickwheel" located on the back of the camera. Thanks to its manual setting option for subject distance, aperture and shutter speed, the D-Lux 5 opens up a whole vista of creative opportunities for discerning photographers to take complete control of image characteristics. It also offers numerous automatic functions for effortless photography that guarantees the user perfectly exposed and sharp images by simply pressing the shutter release ideal for less experienced photographers. The camera's automatic functions can control the O.I.S. image stabilizer, automatic ISO selection, face recognition, automatic contrast compensation and automatic scene mode.
- Classic Design
- Classical elegance meets premium quality materials: This characterizes the design philosophy of Leica D-Lux cameras. A design concept that the D-Lux 5 carries forth brilliantly and effortlessly. Elegant matt black throughout, with sparse accents in chrome and uncomplicated distinctive lines, it possesses a compellingly purist and simultaneously timeless modern design. A single glance says it all: It is a true Leica.
- Free Download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Software
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 is available as an online download for all registered LEICA D-LUX 5 customers. This software package allows photographers to "develop" the RAW image files from the CCD sensor of the D-Lux 5 to obtain the best possible image quality. At the same time, photographers maintain complete control over the development process applied to their images. White balance, exposure, sharpness, tonal balance, color saturation and many other parameters can be modified during post-processing until the result the photographer envisages is achieved.
- Video in HD-Quality
- In addition, the D Lux 5 features a 1280 x 720pixel HD-Video function in memory-saving AVCHD-Lite format which is started simply by pressing a dedicated button on the top of the camera. Autofocus and the entire 3.8x zoom range remain available during recording.
- Accessories: Camera with System Character
- With its unique range of dedicated optional accessories, the D-Lux 5 is transformed in seconds into the basis of a true photographic system. Thanks to an optional electronic viewfinder and detachable flash unit, you can not only expand your photographic options, but also the range of your creative freedom for even greater pleasure. A hand grip can help ensure steady and safe handling whilst a range of bags and cases can ensure your D-Lux 5 is safely protected but always ready for action.