This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite 6146.12 TTL Underwater Housing is for the Canon Powershot G12 and G11 cameras. It is an injection-molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties. The housing offers an unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions and operates safely to a depth of 200'. Every camera function is accessible in this housing including the front dial control on the G12. Camera installation is quick and simple, and the O-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear housing.
Since so much of the light is blocked by the lens port, the camera's built-in flash can only be used to illuminate macro subjects. An external strobe is recommended for better results. This will bring out the natural color of your subject and reduce the illumination of particles suspended in the water, known as backscatter. This housing includes circuitry that converts Canon eTTL signals from the hot shoe for TTL compatibility with Ikelite DS SubStrobes. This is not a TTL by "watching the camera strobe" slave system but real Canon eTTL control when connecting strobes with a sync cord. Strobes from other manufacturers can be used in manual mode. The release handle system allows for easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button. The housing is slightly negative in saltwater for stability, and handles superbly underwater.
The housing comes standard with an optical-grade glass flat port which allows full use of the camera's zoom without vignetting. The Canon G12 and G11 cameras feature a 28mm wide-angle setting. External wide angle conversion lenses cannot be used to any advantage. For wide-angle work the housing does accept the Ikelite WD-4 Wide-Angle Conversion Dome Port. The conversion dome corrects for the refractive magnification of the flat port underwater to restore the camera's original angle of coverage. The WD-4 and Canon G12 or G11 combination provides a 28mm angle of coverage with incredibly crisp corners. This option is effectively as wide as and sharper overall than a housed Canon G9 underwater with an external wide-angle lens.
- TTL Flash Compatible
- Housing includes circuitry that converts Canon eTTL hot shoe signals for real TTL compatibility with the Ikelite DS SubStrobes
- Non-Ikelite Strobes
- Non-Ikelite strobes can be used manually with proper sync cord
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free. Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of o-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions including the front dial control on the G12
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip and kept watertight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms and other accessories at the touch of a button
- The optional WD-4 wide-angle conversion dome corrects for the size distortion that occurs underwater, so the cameras 28mm lens has the same angle of view underwater as it does on land