The Panasonic AG-MSU10 P2 Media Storage Unit with 256GB SSD is a mobile storage device designed for backing up and transferring video footage from P2 memory cards to an internal solid state drive, external hard drive, or to a Mac or PC. With its rugged design, built-in P2 card slot, AC/DC operation, and USB 2.0 and eSATA interfaces, the AG-MSU10 offers a range of options to insure your P2 video remains safe while in the field. A removable interface tray comes with a 2.5" 256GB solid state drive included. The interface unit can be used internally or, using its own eSATA and USB connectors, as removable media hooked directly to a PC or Mac editing system.
Note! eSATA cable not included.
- Fast Copying from a P2 Card to a Built-in Removable SSD
- The AG-MSU10 has a P2 card slot and an interface box for housing a commercially available 2.5 type solid state drive (SSD) with Serial ATA interface (use a commercially available removable SSD that is recommended by Panasonic). Copying from a P2 card to the SSD can be done. The SSD has a maximum capacity of 2 TB (terabytes). HD files recorded with an AVC-Intra 100 codec (video bit rate: approximately 100 Mbps) can be copied at about four times normal speed, and about eight times normal speed for files recorded with an AVC-Intra 50 (video bit rate: approximately 50 Mbps).
- Backup onto an External HDD with eSATA/USB 2.0
- The AG-MSU10 is equipped with eSATA and USB 2.0 interfaces (both Host and Device). In Host mode, files in the internal P2 card can be copied onto an external HDD at high speed without a PC /Mac. In Device mode, the AG-MSU10 can be used as an external drive for reading and writing data between a PC, Mac or nonlinear editing system and a P2 card or SSD.
- The Removable SSD Connects Directly to a PC/Mac
- The removable SSD interface box is equipped with both eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors. It can be removed from the AG-MSU10 and connected directly to a PC, Mac or nonlinear editing system for use in Device mode. This enables flexible operation as a removable media.
- Single Button Copy and Thumbnail Display
- Copying from a P2 card to a built-in SSD can be done swiftly with single-button operation. A clip thumbnail can also be displayed onto the built-in 82mm (3.2") LCD panel and images can be copied clip by clip. The condition and status displays enable easy-to-understand operation.
- Compact, Lightweight, Robust Design and Battery Drive
- The AG-MSU10, which has superb portability features and a compact, lightweight and robust design, can also be battery driven. The P2 card and SSD ensure reliable use even in extremely harsh shooting conditions.