The Sunpak 423PX2 3-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod with Compact Pistol Grip Head features a ball head with a trigger-action pistol grip that instantly unlocks the head and locks it in place: Just squeeze, position, and release. Nothing could be simpler for changing setups quickly. The 15.4 lb load capacity makes the tripod suitable for DSLRs even with long lenses, or for compact video cameras.
The action of the head makes the camera support better suited for shooting stills, but video projects such as sit-down interviews should be well-served by the 423PX2. The 423PX2's quick-release platform allows 360° of rotation to facilitate panning for video shooting, or small adjustments when shooting stills. The ball head features a bubble level and a rubber gripping surface.
The tripod's three-section sticks are ultra-rigid and light, constructed of seven-layer carbon fiber. The legs' flip-lever locks make it a simple matter to adjust their extension, whether or not it's glove weather.
- Platform allows 360° of rotation – perfect for video, panning, or small adjustments
- Pistol-grip ball head also rotates 360° and incorporates a cut-out skirt to limit movement
- Magnesium chassis incorporates center-column tensioning adjustment, chassis spirit level, and three position leg angle adjusters for providing mid- and low-angle grounder adjustment
- Includes a second short, anti-rotation carbon fiber center column for low-angle photography
- Reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting screw
- Neoprene leg warmers