SoftStep from Keith McMillen Instruments is multi-touch controller featuring 10 key pads, each with Sensor Key Technology enabling 5 degrees of control that are unique to each key. These parameters include X, Y, Clockwise Rotation, Counter Clockwise Rotation and Pressure. Additionally, these sources can be mapped to destinations up to 6 times for each key, providing the possibility of a dense data source from a single motion of the foot.
The included software application for both Mac and Windows works with the hardware controller to manipulate sensor data for finely tailored control. These modified control sources can be mapped to any MIDI or OSC (Open Sound Control) destination, giving the player unlimited potential for creative expression. The board is USB bus powered and has an expression port to plug in an expression pedal.
The foot controller has blue backlighting for easy viewing on stage. A four-character alpha numeric display is user programmable and LEDs for each key can be programmed to display a choice of data. There is also an expansion port for the SoftStep MIDI Expander (sold separately) to enable use without a computer to control a MIDI synthesizer and/or rack. Power can also be supplied through the expansion port.
SoftStep is a leap forward in foot controller portability and functionality. It weighs in at just over a pound and fits into many laptop and guitar cases for unparalleled flexibility. The board is rubberized and has a carbon fiber back to give it maximum strength and stability. The controller is versatile and expressive, whether used with an effects rack or with popular software programs.
- Connects to a computer or works standalone
- 10 multi-touch keys control up to 6 unique notes, Continuous Controllers, Program Changes, MMC, Aftertouch or OSC (Open Sound Control)
- Control effects, looping and sample triggering in hardware and software apps such as Live, AmpliTube, Logic and Guitar Rig
- Set up scenes and setlist presets for each key
- Each key is responsive to 5 degrees of control: X- and Y- axis, clockwise rotation, counter-clockwise rotation, and pressure.
- 4-character alpha-numeric display and 10 red-green LEDs give performance feedback
- Weighs in at just over a pound, making it ultra-portable and airline carry-on friendly
- Super-rugged design using elastomeric and graphite composites gives SoftStep maximum strength
- SoftStep comes equipped with USB connector and expression pedal jack and includes 5 meter USB cable, expression pedal adapter and protective sleeve
- Stage Virtual Pedalboard - connect to your MIDI hardware to switch programs, control parameters, trigger samples and loops
- Guitar/Bass Players - control your MIDI FX hardware or software apps such as Guitar Rig and AmpliTube
- Laptop Musicians/DJs - trigger and process loops/FX in Live, Reason and TRAKTOR, sample triggering
- Keyboardists - keep both hands on your keys while switching patches, sweeping filters and tapping tempos
- Studio - control punch-in/out, levels, jog wheel, panning and transport functions in Digital Audio Workstations/MIDI Sequencers. Control multiple DSP plug-in parameters in real-time. Map each of 10 multi-touch keys to 6 unique notes, CC's, program changes or OSC in your studio applications
- Silent Switching - click-free control of program change, patches, FX while recording
- Beyond Sound - control lighting effects, video, robotics, pyrotechnics, and more