The Genustech 67mm Neutral Density Fader Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of approximately 2 to 8 stops. The 0.6 to 2.4 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
The filter is constructed from optical glass for high image quality and features an aluminum filter ring for rigidity and to prevent filter jamming. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, a small handle is available for easier manipulation of the values and the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that represent different density values. The front 77mm female threads of the filter are two standard sizes larger than the rear 67mm male threads to help minimize vignetting.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.6 to 2.4 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 2 to 8 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image.
- Optical glass construction maintains high image quality and aluminum filter ring works to prevent filter jamming.
- Indexed filter ring and integrated handle enable easier, more consistent manipulation of ND settings.
- Front threads measure 77mm to prevent vignetting.