Vivitek bills its new H1081 HD DLP Projector as an "Unmatched and Unrivaled 1080p Experience". We couldn't agree more. If you're not familiar with the Vivitek name yet you will be. The videophile sites and magazines are already singing the praises of the H1081's price / performance ratio.
We're talking about 2,000 lumens at a 5,000:1 contrast ratio (Full On/Full Off) with Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) resolution. And the H1081 boasts of the same Texas Instruments BrilliantColor DMD DLP (Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processor) DarkChip2 panel as its better-known competitors.
Texas Instrument's DLP chips are regarded by many as the best projector panels available. They produce beautiful life-like images even if there's ambient light in the room. Plus they don't require filters that have to be cleaned and replaced, saving you time and money over other designs.
But Vivitek wasn't settling for a merely great picture so it went several steps further. First, it included DNX MotionEngine technology to eliminate motion artifacts (often called "judder" or "blur"). The result: dramatically improved motion performance.
You'd expect a projector like this to display 720p, 1080i and 1080p images and the H1081 will meet and exceed your expectations. Those images will be carried to the projector in pure digital form thanks to its two HDMI 1.3 inputs.
If you take your H1081 overseas it'll be right at home. In addition to NTSC it can handle many variations of the PAL and SECAM video signal standards. Plus its universal power supply can handle power from 100 - 240V.
Add in compatibility with Macintosh and PC video standards up to a maximum of 1152 x 870 on the Mac and UXGA (1,600 x 1,200) on the PC and you have a home theater projector that would be welcome in classrooms and boardrooms too.
The more you use your H5080 the more you'll value it. So it comes with a port for an optional Kensington lock and a security bar through which you thread an optional steel cable. Your H1081 can do a lot, but the one thing you don't want it doing is "walk away".
- 2,000 Lumens and a 5,000:1 Contrast Ratio (Full On/Full Off)
- That's plenty of projection power for watching a DVD or Blu-ray disc in your media room or making presentations in a medium-sized classroom, lecture hall or meeting room, even with a fair amount of ambient light.
- BrilliantColor and DarkChip2 Technologies
- Texas Instruments' patented DMD DLP imager features an innovation it calls BrilliantColor. Unlike other technologies such as LCD that use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP Technology with BrilliantColor uses up to six separate colors. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images.
- Two HDMI 1.3 Inputs with Deep Color
- The H1081 has two HDMI 1.3 input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals support Deep Color, which provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) color depth for smooth gradation between colors, and natural, lifelike images.
- Automatic Keystone Correction
- Automatic keystone correction technology instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen.
- Ready For The World
- This projector has a 100 - 240V international power supply; it can accept and project video in the NTSC (M, 3.58/4.43 MHz), PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N) and SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L) standards and its onscreen display (OSD) offers you 17 languages from which to choose.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Whole Audience
- Your H1081 can display closed captioning from sources that provide it. If a family member is hard of hearing or just wants to catch the game in the middle of a noisy party, closed captioning sure comes in handy.
- 1080p Full HD Resolution
- The H1081 has native 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) resolution: the highest resolution available.
- The built-in 5W speaker is sufficient for small rooms and presentations.
- Long Lamp Life, Quiet Running
- In Standard mode your lamp lasts up to 3,000 hours while operating at a whisper-quiet 26dB.