The Vivitek D952HD 1080p Multimedia DLP Projector is an outstanding multi-use unit that is well-suited for office, educational or home theater use. The HD in the name stands for Full HD resolution. The 1,920 x 1,080 projector not only supports 1080p content but is compatible with today's widescreen laptops, whether they're Mac or PC. On the home theater front, the D952HD is a perfect fit for 16:9 Blu-ray feature films.
No matter how you use it the D952HD packs a powerful 3,600 lumens of brightness backed with a 3,000:1 contrast ratio that displays extraordinarily crisp details even in rooms or installations with high ambient light levels.
The D952HD uses the latest in DLP technology from Texas Instruments called BrilliantColor. Unlike other technologies such as LCD that use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP technology with Brilliant Color uses up to six separate colors. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination increases the brightness of colors by up to 50 percent over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images.
But the D952HD can do lot more than make beautiful pictures. Weighing in at 7.5 lb, there's a chance it may do some traveling and it won't have to be limited to domestic flights. It's got an international auto switching 100 - 240 volt 50 / 60 Hz power supply, can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM international video standards and has a multi-language OSD to facilitate operation.
Vivitek has built extensive connectivity into the D952HD including HDMI (2x), component, composite and S-video. An RJ-45 connector allows control of the projector over a network as well as scheduling maintenance bulletins via email. At only 30dB fan noise in Standard mode, the D950HD won't compete with your movie or presentation and offers an additional bonus of a 4,000 hour lamp life. As with all DLPs, you'll never have to change a filter.
Lastly, to make sure that your D952HD doesn't take unauthorized leave of the premises, security is provided by timer and password protection as well as a Kensington Lock slot and security bar.
- 3,600 lumens of brightness with a 3,000:1 contrast ratio
- DLP and BrilliantColor technologies from Texas Instruments
- Connectivity options include two HDMI v1.3 connections, VGA-in, composite, component and S-video
- High-efficiency lamp that lasts up to 4,000 hours (Standard mode)
- VividWheel III enhances and improves color reproduction. It also enables video Automatic Gain Control (AGC). With AGC, you will enjoy a constant output signal from an electronic circuit, despite variations in the strength of the input signal
- Top-loading, sliding cover for quick and easy lamp replacement
- Network-ready for integration and system administration via RJ-45
- Keypad lock prevents accidental system adjustments