The ViewSonic Pro8200 1080p HD Projector is a dream machine for the true videophile.
The Pro8200 makes beautiful, vivid pictures thanks to its Texas Instruments DLP DMD (Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device) imaging panel with BrilliantColor. Unlike other technologies such as LCD that use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP technology with BrilliantColor uses up to seven separate colors. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50 percent over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images. It makes all of its magic while drawing a maximum of 310W. In Standby mode it draws less than a single watt.
That great color technology would be wasted, however if you couldn't back it up with strong specs and the Pro8200 has them. Start with the Pixelworks PW980 10-bit video processor which enhances color and detail. Add 1080p Full HD resolution, the highest standard available, and back it up with 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness and a crisp 4,000:1 contrast ratio, and you've got a powerful projector that can meet the challenge of ambient light and absolutely blow you away at theater light levels.
The Pro8200's wide connectivity includes 2 HDMI, component, composite, S-video and audio jacks. The microphone input coupled with the built-in 10W speakers is useful if you're using the Pro8200 for business or educational purposes or if you just want to serenade your audience at home.
All of those great specs however, could be ruined by a noisy cooling fan. At 31dB the Pro8200's Normal mode is quieter than many projectors' so called "Whisper mode" and in Eco mode it hushes down to a barely perceptible 27dB while extending lamp life to 6,000 hours.
All of this high quality projection power weighs less than 9 lb, operates on a 100 - 240V AC power supply and is compatible with NTSC, PAL and SECAM signals, making the Pro8200 a global citizen that's ready to travel if needed.
- Full 1080p HD Resolution
- Enjoy the finest quality in high-definition movies, video and TV.
- Bright in Virtually any Setting with 2,000 Lumens
- Crisp 2,000 lumen output makes this the perfect choice for family room or home theater.
- Pixelworks High Performance PW980 Video Processor
- With full 10-bit color processing, detail enhancement technology and motion adaptive de-interlacer for crisper, sharper images.
- BrilliantColor Technology
- BrilliantColor technology delivers stunning all-digital clarity with life-like color, sharp graphics and outstanding video. The advanced 7-segment color wheel enhances the yellow color performance that is key to accurate and vivid color reproduction.
- Ultimate Display Source Flexibility
- Two HDMI 1.3 inputs with HDCP compliance and component video input provide full connectivity in a customized home theater installation.
- Stay Connected
- Supports multiple video timing formats from SD (NTSC, PAL and SECAM) to HD 1080p.
- Full Control Capabilities
- Features not only a backlit full discrete IR remote but RS-232 control for seamless integration into your home automation entertainment system.
- Closed Captioning
- Integrated closed captioning decoder for the hearing impaired.
- Basic Controls
- Power, keystone, arrow keys, left, blank, menu, exit, right, panel key lock, enter, source.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
Picture: Color mode, Brightness, Contrast, Video setting, Color setting, User color, Gamma
Video / Audio: Frequency, Tracking, H position, V position, Overscan, Noise reduction, Audio setting, Microphone volume, Speaker volume, Mute
Setting: Auto keystone, Keystone, Aspect ratio, Projection, Auto Source, Signal type, Eco mode, Filter mode, High Altitude, Quick Power ON, Quick Cooling, DC 12V trigger
Information: Input Source, Resolution, H frequency, V frequency, Filter hours, Filter Hours Reset, Equivalent lamp hours, Equivalent Lamp Hours Reset
Factory Default Option: Blank screen, Password, OSD setting, Closed Caption, Display type, Swap, Function