The ViewSonic Pro8400 1080p HD Installation Projector is both a dream machine for the true videophile and a powerful workhorse for permanent installations in large venues.
The Pro8400 makes beautiful, vivid pictures thanks to its Texas Instruments DLP DMD (Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device) imaging panel with BrilliantColor. Unlike other technologies such as LCD that use just three primary colors to produce the image, DLP technology with BrilliantColor uses up to seven separate colors. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50 percent over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images. It makes all of its magic while drawing a maximum of 360W. In Standby mode it draws less than a single watt.
That great color technology would be wasted, however if you couldn't back it up with strong specs and the Pro8400 has them. Start with the10-bit video processor which enhances color and detail. Add 1080p Full HD resolution, the highest standard available, and back it up with 4,000 ANSI lumens of brightness and a crisp 3,000:1 contrast ratio, and you've got a powerful projector that can meet the challenge of ambient light and absolutely blow you away at theater light levels.
The Pro8400's wide connectivity includes 2 HDMI, component, composite, S-video and audio jacks. Additionally the unit features USB type A for photo and graphics support as well as USB mini-B for direct projection of media from a PC. The built-in 10W speakers suffice for most presentations if you're using the Pro8400 for business or educational purposes, but you'll probably want to match this projector with a complete sound system. The Pro8400 is also network capable thanks to its RJ-45 connection. You can control as many as 8 projectors over your network as well as allowing 4 presenters to connect to any single projector.
All of those great specs however, could be ruined by a noisy cooling fan. At 33dB the Pro8400's Normal mode is quieter than many projectors' so called "Whisper mode" and in Eco mode it hushes down to a barely perceptible 29dB while extending lamp life to 4,000 hours.
All of this high quality projection power weighs less than 9 lb, operates on a 100 - 240V AC power supply and is compatible with NTSC, PAL and SECAM signals, making the Pro8400 a global citizen that's ready to travel if needed.
- Full 1080p HD Resolution
- Enjoy the finest quality in high-definition movies, video and TV.
- Network Control through RJ-45
- Connect anywhere! Present up to 8 projectors at the same time or allow up to 4 presenters to connect to a single projector over wireless or RJ-45 network.
- Bright in Virtually any Setting with 4,000 Lumens
- Crisp 4,000 lumen output makes this the perfect choice for family room or home theater.
- BrilliantColor Technology
- BrilliantColor technology delivers stunning all-digital clarity with life-like color, sharp graphics and outstanding video. The advanced 6-segment color wheel enhances the yellow color performance that is key to accurate and vivid color reproduction.
- Wireless and Wired LAN Display
- With its advanced networking capability, the projector can project images via wireless, or wired, LAN. The LAN display offers a quad split screen for simultaneously projecting content from up to 4 PCs, with the ability to broadcast from up to 8 projectors. The included VSPresenter software offers complete control of your desktop screen for seamless presentation. The optional WPD-100 wireless adapter is required for wireless display.
- Ultimate Display Source Flexibility
- Two HDMI 1.3 inputs with HDCP compliance and component video input provide full connectivity in a customized home theater installation.
- Stay Connected
- Supports multiple video timing formats from SD (NTSC, PAL and SECAM) to HD 1080p.
- Advanced Connectivity
- With dual HDMI, component, composite and S-video inputs.
- Full Control Capabilities
- Features not only a backlit full discrete IR remote but RS-232 control for seamless integration into your home automation entertainment system.
- Closed Captioning
- Integrated closed captioning decoder for the hearing impaired.
- Give Greener Presentations and Save
- Use the Eco mode to achieve lower power consumption, reduce overall noise and extend lamp life.
Basic: Power, keystone, arrow keys, left, blank, menu, exit, right, panel key lock, enter, source.
Brightness, Contrast, Color Setting, Keystone, Aspect Ratio, Image, White Intensity, Gamma
Frequency, Tracking, H Position, V Position
Saturation, Sharpness, Tint
Menu Position, Projection, Signal Type, Lamp Hour, Lamp Hour Reset, Filter mode, Filter Hours, Filter Hours Reset, Power Saving, Auto Source, Eco-mode, High Altitude, OSD Timeout