The Light Craft Workshop 77mm Fader ND Ultra Mark II Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of approximately 9 to 12 stops. The 2.7 to 3.6 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that represent different density values.
The filter is constructed from optical glass for high image quality and features an aluminum filter ring for rigidity and to prevent filter jamming. The front 82mm female threads of the filter are one standard size larger than the rear 77mm male threads to help minimize vignetting.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 2.7 to 3.6 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 9 to 12 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Optical glass construction maintains high image quality and aluminum filter ring works to prevent filter jamming.
- Front threads measure 82mm to prevent vignetting.