The MPK mini from Akai is an ultra-compact mini-keyboard that features 25 velocity and pressure sensitive keys, eight MPC-style trigger pads and eight Q-Link rotary controllers. The keyboard is ideal for quickly entering notes and phrases into the software of choice. The velocity-sensitive keys allow you to accurately express dynamics, while accessing different pitch ranges is achieved through dedicated octave up and down buttons.
A built-in arpeggiator functions in a variety of time denominations and patterns, while a tap-tempo button provides the ability to quickly adjust the arpeggiator clock, essential if you're looking to stay in sync with a band. A Sustain button holds notes after releasing your hand from the keyboard allowing you to easily utilize the pads and knobs.
The MPK mini's back-lit, velocity-sensitive pads are based on Akai Professional's MPC line of music production stations and are perfect for firing one-shot samples and sequencing drum patterns. They will also send note information, MIDI CCs, or even program changes. Pressing the Bank button will quickly toggle between 2 banks of pads giving you access to 16 pads in total.
The keyboard works plug-and-play with Mac and PC computers and requires no software driver installation or wall power for operation. It has four memory banks for programming and recalling settings and the included software editor lets you quickly map the controller's controls as well. The MPK mini strikes the perfect balance between portability and comprehensive software control.
- Ultra-portable software MIDI controller
- 25-note, velocity-sensitive mini keyboard
- 8 backlit, velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads (2 banks, 16 total)
- Pads can send note information, MIDI CCs and program changes
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs to adjust virtually any parameter
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and patterns
- Tap-Tempo button to quickly adjust pace of the arpeggiator
- Dedicated octave up, octave down and sustain buttons
- Program Recall button to restore up to 4 separate global settings
- Powered through USB