The Hitachi CPWX8 WXGA LCD Projector harnesses 2,600 ANSI lumens of projection power at a 500:1 contrast ratio to give you a brilliant image, even when you can't achieve theater-level darkness. With a 16:10 aspect ratio, this WXGA-resolution (1,280 x 800) projector is especially friendly to widescreen laptops.
Its 0.59" 3LCD imaging panels (the part that creates the image) deliver sharper and brighter pictures, reproducing an amazing 16.7 million smooth, seamless colors combined with an unparalleled grayscale range. Images can be displayed in a wide variety of formats. Of course, the CPWX8 can project in 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition. Its international credentials are equally impressive. It can project images in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, and SECAM video formats and it has a 100 - 240V AC 50 / 60Hz power supply.
The CPWX8 can display Closed Caption channels from programming sources that provide Closed Caption. CC is useful not only for the hearing impaired but also for those learning English as a second language and for everyone working in noisy environments like gyms or tradeshows.
One of the many CPWX8's convenience features is a side-mounted hybrid filter which lasts for 5,000 hours before replacement. A top-deck door for easy lamp replacement minimizes downtime especially when the projector is ceiling-mounted. The CPWX8 has a built-in 1W speaker as well as an audio output for an external speaker to reach larger audiences.
A host of features are aimed at allowing the user to customize their experience with the CPWX8. MyScreen allows you to capture an image to use as a logo. MySource automatically detects the signal of the image source plugged into it. Daytime mode automatically adjusts color and contrast to balance the effects of high ambient light. If you're a journalist you will appreciate that you can safely name your sources with the CPWX8. Input Source Naming makes it possible to assign IDs that you can understand to numbered inputs, such as "My Laptop." The CPWX8 also offers viewing enhancement functions including Whiteboard and Blackboard modes. Security is addressed by a Transition Detector as well as PIN Lock and MyScreen Lock functions. A Kensington Lock slot is incorporated into the design for physical security.
Finally, the CPWX8's wide connectivity includes HDMI, component, composite and S-video as well as a monitor output for the presenter.
- Key Features
- 2,600 ANSI lumens
- Native WXGA resolution
- Hybrid 5,000 hour filter
- HDMI input (HDCP compliant)
- 4.96 lb compact design
- 0.5W power consumption
- Standby Saving mode
- Auto Eco mode
- Front air exhaust
- Soft carry case included
- Audio Pass Through
- Audio output for external speakers
- Air filter on side and lamp door on top for easy access
- Template function projects graphs, grids etc.
- Instant On / Off
- PIN Lock security
- White Board / Blackboard modes
- 30dB Eco mode
- Blank function momentarily allows a blank screen for visual pausing
- MyButton allows you to assign one of several projector functions to the Blank button
- Additional Features
- MyScreen allows you to capture an image for logo screen purposes
- MyMemory function loads the data from the memory linked in the number included in the function's name, and adjusts the picture automatically depending on the data
- MyText is ideal for bulletins
- MySource selects picture input
- Daytime mode uses image quality correction technology to counter the effects of ambient light
- Input Source Naming allows you to assign names to a specific input such as, "My Laptop"
- Resolution setting
- Closed Caption (for NTSC only)