When the road gives you curves, traffic, pileups, raging drivers, and dead-heats, Thrustmaster gives you an exacting solution: the Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. Officially licensed by Ferrari and as a controller for virtual racing games on your PC and PS3, the Racing Wheel showcases numerous features to give you the competitive edge. Beyond the steering wheel, there are two pedals, two gearshift levers, a D-Pad, 10 buttons, and a home button for your Playstation 3.
Many of these controls are adjustable or reprogrammable in some way. You can reprogram the functions for the two levers, the D-Pad, the home button, and 10 action buttons between each other. You can also move the functions of all these controls onto the pedals. With the wheel, you can adjust its responsiveness between two modes, "normal sensitivity" and "high sensitivity." As an aid, the steering wheel also features an LED light that will blink, turn green, turn red, remain on, or remain off to communicate various programming-related messages to you. For instance, if you've switched to "high sensitivity" mode on your wheel, the LED will flash slowly.
For connecting the unit, insert the built-in USB cable into a USB port on your PS3 or PC. You can start immediately once you connect any of these. Although to note, if you're playing on your PC, you might first want to install the "Vibration Feedback" drivers via CD-ROM. That way, you'll have the added benefit of feeling the rumble of the road during game play. Whether you're playing through your PC or PS3, the Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel is a racing controller sure to immerse you in the game and keep in you the thick of the race.
- Fine-Tuning Your Machine
- The functions for the 11 buttons, D-Pad, 2 pedals and 2 gearshift levers can be relocated between each other so that you can figure out what settings work best for you
- Increased Pedal Control and Comfort
- Ideal for heel and two racing moves, the pedals are setup so that you can incrementally or suddenly apply pressure to accelerate or brake while a footrest allows you to relax your feet and operate comfortably
- Realistic Ferrari-Style Gear Shift Levers
- Located on the wheel are two gear shift levers modeled after those in actual Ferrari GT cars
- Self-Centering Steering Wheel with Realistic Resistance
- Like actual modern-day steering wheels, this one will offer some resistance particularly when you make hard or soft turns. After, when you are finished turning and begin to ease the pressure off the wheel, it will start to pull-back, so that it is centered and your car wheels are straight
- Clamp Down
- The included table clamp allows you to lock down your steering wheel unit to a surface so that it won't accidentally move or shift in the middle of a race
- Feel the Rumble of the Road
- For use with your PC, the "Vibration Feedback" feature will vibrate or rumble the wheel as you drive for added realism and fun
- Designed for Your PC or PS3
- The wheel and pedals work in racing games with both systems