The Acrobat X Standard Software for Windows from Adobe is a software suite that allows you to create industry-standard PDF (Portable Document Format) documents. Unlike web pages, PDFs display the display the same on computer screens, smart phones, and when printed, making them a great option as a delivery mechanism for brochures, press releases, product manuals, and more.
Acrobat gives you numerous tools with which to create and edit PDFs. It can convert other document types into the format -- including paper documents that you have scanned. You'll also have the option of exporting PDFs to common file formats, including Word and Excel. Collaboration tools, including version tracking, commenting, and comparison, help to streamline productivity when working in groups.
Acrobat also supports PDF form creation, electronic document signing, and password protection. Tools are available which make it easy to share PDFs via Adobe SendNow, so you won't have to worry about e-mail attachment size caps or complicated FTP procedures. Using electronic delivery helps to reduce paper usage and postage costs -- actions that make both economic and ecologic sense.
Convert or Scan to PDF
- PDF File Conversion
- Create PDF documents from any application that prints, including one-button conversion from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access, as well as Firefox and Lotus Notes -- without ever leaving your authoring application.
- Scanning to PDF
- Scan and convert paper documents and forms to PDF. Make scanned text searchable automatically with OCR, and then check and fix suspected errors. Text can be exported for reuse in other applications.
- HTML to PDF
- With a single click from within Internet Explorer or Firefox, capture web pages as PDF files, keeping all links intact. Convert only a portion of the page by selecting just the content you want.
- E-Mail to PDF
- Handle e-mail-based communication more efficiently and simplify e-mail search and retrieval. Archive e-mails or e-mail folders from Microsoft Outlook or IBM Lotus Notes with one-button ease.
Export and Edit PDF Files
- PDF to Excel
- Expedite reuse of content by converting PDF document data to Excel file formats. Even select a portion of a PDF page and export it to an editable format.
- PDF to Word
- Save PDF files as Word documents with improved preservation of formatting and layouts. Relative positioning of tables, images, and even multicolumn text is preserved, as well as page, paragraph, and font attributes.
- Editing PDF Files
- Quickly and easily edit PDF documents without going back to the original source files. Save time by making simple changes to text and images directly within PDF files. Remove, reorder, and rotate PDF pages.
- SharePoint Integration
- Work seamlessly with PDF files in Microsoft SharePoint. Access SharePoint from any Acrobat Open or Save dialog box. Open PDF files from SharePoint for viewing. Check them out for editing, and then check them back in.
Combine Files from Multiple Applications
- Document Merge
- Combine content from multiple sources -- including documents, spreadsheets, e-mails, web pages, scanned paper, and images -- into one compact PDF file that can be easily shared and viewed.
- Attaching Native Files
- Make sure source files are simple to locate, access, and archive. Attach them to any PDF document in their original, native formats, ensuring a more complete document of record.
- Adding Navigation
- Add bookmarks, links, headers, footers, and numbering so your audience can navigate documents quickly and easily. Save your settings and apply them to other documents in the future.
Streamline Online Document Reviews
- PDF Commenting
- Review and mark up PDF files using a complete set of familiar commenting tools, including sticky note and highlighter tools, lines, and stamps. Easily compile all documents in a single PDF document.
- Commenting Tool Pane
- Access markup tools and view comments from a single, unified tool pane. View all comments in a searchable list that can be filtered and sorted by page, author, and date.
- Managing Shared Reviews
- Gain the feedback you need, faster, through easy-to-manage, shared document reviews that allow participants to see and build on one another's comments. Easily track progress and participation, add reviewers, and e-mail updates or reminders.
Collect Data with Fillable PDF Forms
- Form Wizard
- Easily create fillable PDF forms from paper or existing electronic files. Automatically convert static fields to fillable ones with the Form Wizard.
- Saving Forms with Reader
- Enable Adobe Reader users to fill and save forms -- regardless of platform or operating system.
- Distribution and Tracking
- Distribute forms, track status, and compile results to speed information collection. Use services at Acrobat.com to distribute and collect forms.
- Analyzing Data
- Streamline data reporting and analysis. Automatically compile form data in a single document or view. Filter responses as required. Easily export data to a spreadsheet for analysis.
Protect PDF Files and Content
- Digital Signatures
- Speed up approval processes and reduce paper use. Digitally sign and certify PDF documents using digital IDs. Enable recipients to validate document authenticity and integrity using certified documents.
- Passwords and Permissions
- Use passwords to help control access to your PDF documents. Apply permissions to restrict printing, copying, or altering. Save passwords and permissions as security policies that can be applied easily to new PDF files.
- One-Button Sanitization
- Easily find and delete hidden information with one click, including metadata, annotations, attachments, form fields, layers, and bookmarks.
View, Search, and Share PDF Files
- Reading Mode
- Maximize your screen for optimal reading and presentation of PDF files with new Reading Mode. Menus and panels disappear, and a transparent floating toolbar helps you navigate PDF files more easily.
- Online File Sharing
- Use Adobe SendNow online services from within Acrobat to send, share, and track large files without the headaches of e-mail size restrictions, FTP sites, and costly overnight services.
- Quick Tools
- Quickly access the tools you use most -- from your favorite PDF document editing tools to your most often used comment and markup tools -- by adding them to the Quick Tools area.