The Panasonic PT-DX500U XGA Projector is flexible and powerful enough to thrive in a variety of working conditions. With a brightness of 4500 Lumens and a contrast ratio of 2000:1, the PT-DX500U uses a single lamp and efficient focusing reflector to minimize consumption to only 415W. It has a 4:3 aspect ratio and XGA resolution of 1024 x 768 that are complimented by an increased functionality and a variety of features.
The PT-DX500U uses an RGB Booster to enhance color. It increases color brightness through Vivid Color Control technology. The lamp Modulation Drive System controls lamp intensity for each color. This optimizes light usage and obtains color balance without lowering brightness. The PT-DX500U also thrives in the daylight, by correcting image sharpness when projecting in light areas.
The PT-DX500U enjoys multiple input terminals, which enhance flexibility. There are HDMI and DVI-D inputs, as well as composite, RCA and S-video inputs. For network connection, the PT-DX500U has an RS-232 and RJ45 terminal. The RS-232 jack even has an Emulation feature that lets you replace an existing Panasonic projector on your network, without changing the control settings.
The PT-DX500U includes a web browser control for LAN operation. Through this connection, administrators can control and monitor multiple projectors at the same time. Any errors that occur at each projector are emailed back to the administrator's computer. An optional wireless adapter (sold separately), lets you give wireless presentations from your laptop. When you're finished, the projector reconnects to the LAN network automatically.
When installing the PT-DX500U, plenty of features aide with proper installation. The horizontal and vertical lens shift will let you accommodate many room sizes and shapes and the zoom increases the chances that your existing ceiling mount will not need to be moved. The Flexible Angle feature lets you rotate the unit 360° vertically, to ensure angled installation is problem-free. Panasonic's cooling system allows installation even with ambient temperatures reaching up to 113° F. The lens-centered design also ensures that installation will be easy and not require multiple placements around the room to establish what works best.
Panasonic has also included several features that limit maintenance. The Cooling system and dust-resistant design extend lamp and air-filter life to 2000 hours of operation. Plus, when the lamp is ready to be changed, the PT-DX500U affords easy lamp replacement even when it is ceiling mounted. The rear hatch opens, making lamp replacement quick and simple.
You can export sound via the audio output to an external source, giving you even greater flexibility to run this projector in medium-sized presentation rooms. Whether you're interested in improving your business training or classroom technology, the PT-DX500U uses a wealth of features and functions to ensure quality video playback and vivid color reproduction.
- RGB Booster
- The RGB Booster achieves high image quality with levels of color reproduction and brightness that make each color stand out. It combines Panasonic's proprietary Vivid Color Control technology with a Lamp Modulation Drive System for a 1-chip DLP projector that produces bright and vivid colors
- Vivid Color Control
- This unique control technology optimizes the use of the color segment areas of the color wheel. It increases the brightness of each RGB color
- Lamp Modulation Drive System
- With the advanced lamp modulation technology, the projector is now able to control the lamp intensity for each of the red, green, blue and white segments of the color wheel separately. Because the actual light output is controlled in relation to each color segment, light usage is optimized and color balance is obtained without lowering the brightness. This results in bright, vivid images with increased color fidelity
- Web Browser Control
- This unit can be easily operated remotely over a LAN, because it is done using the computer's Web browser. Furthermore, the projector sends an email message to notify the operator when an error has occurred, or a lamp needs to be replaced
- Multi Projector Monitoring
- Panasonic's original freeware "Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software Ver. 2" allows the user to control and monitor multiple projectors at the same time over a wired LAN. When a problem occurs, an alarm message is sent to the monitoring / controlling PC
- Multiple Terminals
- Interfaces include a DVI-D and HDMI inputs. The serial terminal (RS-232C) has an Emulate function that lets you continue using existing control systems when replacing a previous Panasonic model. It is also possible to output audio during Standby mode. This is convenient when connecting an external audio system through the projector
- H / V Lens Shift and 2 x Zoom Lens
- The horizontal / vertical lens shift let you accommodate a wide range of room sizes and shapes. When replacing existing projectors, the 2 x zoom greatly enhances your ease of installation and can reduce costs by permitting the use of existing mounting positions and cabling
- Detail Clarity Processor 3
- The frequency of the video signal is analyzed for each scene, and distribution data is extracted for the ultra high, high, medium and low-range frequencies. High-precision detection is applied from 2-dimensional horizontal / vertical data to produce more natural, lifelike images with high definition
- Optional Wireless Module
- The optional Wireless Module (sold separately) lets you utilize wireless projection for a smooth, hassle-free presentation. You can make the settings for wireless connection quickly and easily using Wireless Manager ME 5.5 software. When the presentation is finished, Wireless Manager restores the PC to its previous LAN settings, so the PC is ready to reconnect to your LAN. Functions include Live mode and Multi-Live Mode. In Live mode, the image projected is identical to the image seen on the PC screen. In Multi-Live mode, you can wirelessly connect with multiple PCs
- Daylight View
- This function corrects the image quality to project sharp, clear images even in brightly lit rooms. A luminance sensor measures the ambient brightness, and a real-time adjustment function optimizes sharpness and brightness according to the surroundings
- Flexible Angle Setting
- The unit can be rotated 360° vertically. This means you can install it at any up-and-down angle you wish to accommodate different installation conditions
- Cooling System
- The cooling system has been updated. It optimizes the airflow inside the unit. As a result, it offers better cooling efficiency and allows the projector to be used in ambient temperatures up to 113° F (45° C)
- Reduced Maintenance
- The cooling system combines with a dust-resistant design based on a sealed optical block to achieve a lamp and lamp air filter replacement cycle of 2,000 hours. This greatly reduces maintenance hassles
- Easy Lamp Replacement
- You can replace the lamp from the rear. The lamp is easily replaced even after the projector is installed on the ceiling
- Lens-Centered Design
- A lens-centered, symmetrical design provides ease of installation, eliminating the need for any special considerations when planning the installation site
- Rec. 709 Mode for HDTV Projection
- Optimal color reproduction can be achieved by selecting this mode, compliant with ITU-R Recommendation BT.709, when images from an HDTV source are projected