The Wireless N Dual Band Router from D-Link allows you to share your broadband Internet connection among the computers in your home -- wirelessly. The router adheres to the 802.11n Wi-Fi standard, which supports data transfers of up to 300Mbps. It is also backwards compatible with 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g devices, and features four wired Gigabit Ethernet ports for device connectivity.
The router can operate on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band simultaneously. This lets you set up two Wi-Fi networks, each of which shares your Internet connection. Almost every Wi-Fi device supports 2.4GHz networking, but it is prone to interference from neighboring networks and other devices in your home. Fewer devices support 5GHz Wi-Fi, but it can provide you a more stable Wi-Fi network that isn't prone to outside interference.
Simply plug the router into your broadband modem and it will start sharing your connection. Standard wireless security protocols are supported, and the router features a built-in firewall to protect your network from outside attacks. The router is compatible with Windows and Mac systems alike.
- Exceptional Performance
- The D-Link Wireless N Dual Band Router is a Wireless N compliant device that delivers faster speeds and longer range than previous-generation Wireless G devices. Connect the Wireless N Dual Band Router to a cable or DSL modem and provide high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players. Create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, printers, and more, from greater distances throughout your entire home or office. With D-Link's award-winning QoS engine that prioritizes time-sensitive online traffic, this router enables smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP) and responsive gaming.
- Dual Band Advantage
- Dual Band is two Wi-Fi networks in one router. The dual band technology in the DIR-815 supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless signals simultaneously. You can check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while playing games and streaming HD movies on the clearer 5GHz band. This prevents both signals from getting overloaded and avoids interference and lag.
- Advanced Network Security
The Wireless N Dual Band Router supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WPA and WPA2 standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption method. In addition, this Wireless N Dual Band Router utilizes Stateful Packet Inspection firewalls (SPI) to help prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
Powered by Wireless N technology, this high-performance router provides superior coverage designed to reduce dead spots for users who demand higher performance networking. Delivering unmatched wireless performance, network security, and coverage, the Wireless N Dual Band Router (DIR-815) is ideal for networking in larger homes and offices.
- IEEE 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11a Compliant
- Dual band technology for superior wireless performance
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for simple push-button wireless network configuration
- Built-in QoS engine enhances Internet experience
- 4-Port 10/100Mbps switch
- Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- 24/7 basic installation support