The PRA-8 from Nady is an 8-channel microphone preamp housed in a single rack-space chassis. The unit is a professional, multi-purpose preamplifier designed for the most exacting studio applications, yet affordable enough for home project studios.
It solves many of the connectivity problems arising in studio and live sound applications that arise from using digital audio interfaces which may only consist of unbalanced line inputs or very low (or no microphone pre) gain structure.
Each channel features individually switchable phantom power with LED indicators and individual clip LEDs. The rugged chassis includes an internal, universal power supply.
- Eight totally independent preamps in a single rack chassis with servo-balanced XLR inputs and 1/4" TRS outputs for each preamp
- Ultra-linear, high bandwidth operational amps for no-compromise crystal clear audio
- Exceptionally low noise and negligible distortion
- Individual gain control and peak LED indicator on each channel with up to 75dB of gain
- +48V phantom power with individual On/Off switches and phantom power On LED indicators for each channel
- Rugged construction for maximum long-term reliability
- Shielded internal dual regulated power supply with voltage select switch and fused IEC power cord connector