The 16GB DDR3 Memory for Desktop (2x8GB) from Crucial Technology can help to greatly increase the speed of your desktop computer. Increasing your computer's RAM enables more applications to run simultaneously without system glitches. You can breathe new life into your old computer by upgrading its memory.
- Dual-Channel Architecture
- This kit includes two DIMM chips of equal size and speed. Desktop computers that utilize dual-channel memory require RAM upgrades to be done in matched pairs. This kit ensures that your upgrade will meet these standards.
- Synchronous Dynamic RAM (SDRAM)
- SDRAM cycles are precisely controlled using the system clock. This allows your memory usage to be stable and efficient. Both chips in this kit use this synchronous interface and have an immediate reaction to its clock-pulsed finite state machine. The pipeline design of the SDRAM allows for command after command to line up and be powered off at the next control input. There is no need to wait, you have SDRAM.
- Easy Installation
- Adding RAM to a computer is a simple matter for anyone who is comfortable with opening the computer's case. The only tool you'll need is a screwdriver to open up the case, the RAM itself slides into a slot on the motherboard. Since static electricity is very dangerous to computer parts, the use of an antistatic wrist strap is recommended.