The WinTV-HVR-1600 PCI TV Tuner Media Center Kit for Windows from Hauppauge is an internal PCI TV tuner card for use with your Windows PC. In actuality, this Kit features an analog 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner as well as an ATSC/QAM digital TV tuner on the same PCI card. The card will allow you to tune ATSC, NTSC, and, if you have digital cable, clear QAM TV signals with your computer. You will have the chance to watch high definition ATSC or QAM TV and at up to a resolution of 1080i on your PC screen. In addition, the dbx-TV stereo decoder delivers great TV sound while the included MPEG-2 encoder allows you to record NTSC (analog) or high definition ATSC TV in Windows Media Center.
While the card can work with Windows 7, Vista, and XP SP2, it is especially designed for use in Windows Media Center for Windows 7 and Vista. Before you record any shows, you can first use Media Center's TV scheduler to figure out when and what you want to record. In addition, the included Media Center remote control allows you to manage all of Media Center's functions such as digital slide shows, music playlists, and switching between channels.
Because this PCI card features an input S-Video/Composite video jack, you can connect a digital cable or satellite set top box and use the remote to switch channels.
- PCI card features one 125-channel cable ready analog cable TV tuner and one tuner for North American ATSC/QAM high definition digital TV
- Watch, pause, and record NTFS and high definition ATSC digital TV in Microsoft's Media Center. All ATSC formats are supported so you can watch recordings up to the high definition 1080i format
- Hardware MPEG-2 encoder does all the work while you record, so your PC continues to run at full speed
- If you are using digital cable, which broadcasts the local ATSC channels, you can receive QAM channels with Windows Media Center in Windows 7 1
- Works with Windows Media Center in Windows 7 and Vista
- Use Media Center's TV scheduler to figure out when and what show to record
- Includes the Media Center remote control, which allows you to manage all Media Center functions
- Remote control also has an IR transmitter to control the channels on a cable TV set top box or satellite receiver
- Included DVD MovieFactory CD-ROM allows you to make video CDs from your TV recordings