X-Rite i1Photo Pro Professional Color Management for Photographers is a complete color calibration and profiling hardware & software system that lets you quickly and easily create custom profiles for cameras, monitors, RGB printers, and digital projectors. Maintain accurate colors throughout your digital imaging process, from capture to output, to achieve consistent results with neutral grays, natural skin tones, and high-quality highlight and shadow details.
Addressing the capture end is a camera calibration system based on the ColorChecker Classic mini target (with 24 colors patches that include six grayscale squares) and ColorChecker Passport Camera Calibration software. Shooting the target with either one camera or multiple cameras will enable you to build custom camera profiles quickly and easily for Adobe's Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Camera Raw (ACR), and Bridge programs. These profiles will work well even in unusual conditions or with artificial light sources.
To keep your displays and printers in line with the rest of your color workflow, the industry-standard i1Pro spectrophotometer device achieves fast, accurate color measurements of for both monitors and printed material. You can capture spot colors from any surface. Capture both flash and ambient light so you can optimize your environmental conditions for performing color-critical work. The i1Pro feeds on USB power for convenient operation.
The Windows- and Mac-friendly i1Profiler software, based on the best features of its predecessors i1Match, ProfileMaker, and MonacoPROFILER, includes both a wizard for easy setup and an "advanced" mode that grants you complete control of the user-driven interface to create precise, high-quality custom color profiles for your monitors, printers, and projectors.
The software's i1Prism engine, which leverages a unique iterative profiling technology, tightly dials into the user's specific printer and paper combination so professional photographers can experience the highest quality color results. i1Profiler lets you save and reuse assets and settings – and share them with others – with the ease of drag-and-drop operation. Palette information and other color data is shared using X-Rite's Color Exchange Format.
For quality assurance, i1Profiler includes visual and measurement-based validation and verification functions. Also included with i1Photo Pro is the ColorChecker proof target that's precut for direct viewing against a printed target. The 24-patch target provides immediate visual verification of profile output results.
The bundled Pantone Color Manager software dynamically keeps all digital Pantone color libraries up to date and ready to use in Adobe and Quark applications. i1Profiler software is tightly integrated with Pantone Color Manager to give you seamless access to all Pantone colors, for precise matching of spot colors and accurate reproduction of same. Multiple color-space selections are available. The Pantone Color Management software can be used to ensure the faithful reproduction of brand-specific color for corporate photography projects.
- Industry-standard i1Pro spectrophotometer provides super-fast measurements and fluid patch recognition for both emissive (monitors) and reflective (print) profiling, so you can profile your monitors, projectors, and RGB printers
- Capture both flash and ambient light conditions, as well as spot colors from almost any surface
- Supported measurement modes for spectral measurement device: Reflectance single measurement, Reflectance scanning measurement with automatic patch detection, Emission radiance measurement (monitor measurement), Emission irradiance measurement (light measurement)
- Spectral analyzer features holographic diffraction grating with 128-pixel diode array
i1Profiler Software for Monitor
- Display true colors on each of your LCD, CRT, and laptop monitors, and use workgroup match to use reference points to match all monitors
- Select from unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings – also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets
- Optimize gray balance for more neutral and better-defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- Preview "before" and "after" results with supplied image or your own
- Validate monitor performance and view trends with included quality-control functionality Monitor Quality Assurance
- Profile summary report is ideal for post profile analysis
- X-Rite's Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) can be used to control and adjust display hardware settings automatically
- Profile reminder to ensure true and reliable color over time
i1Profiler Software for Digital Projector
- Digital projector profiling for accurate projected color, to display your work exactly as you intend it to be seen
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes, just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile: projected colors, screen color, and room lighting
- Designed for the non-technical creative user
- Includes custom beamer holder for hands-free use
i1Profiler Software for RGB Printer
- Intelligent, iterative profiling technology ensures your output is reproduced accurately from print to print and printer to printer
- Optimize profiles based on your images for specific colors, black & white, or flesh tones, for PANTONE libraries and for captured spot colors – get the color you desire without editing any profiles
- Supports high-patch-count test charts for the most accurate printer profiles – ideal for fine art printing and proofing
- Choose from standard test charts or easily build your own to meet your specific color and paper size requirements
- Automatic detection of any installed RGB printer driver
- Visual display of measured data provides instant feedback during measurement process
- Capture true colors with flash and ambient light measurements – easily apply output profiles for your gallery, studio, or retail environment's lighting conditions for a perfect color match
- Quickly check color output quality with ColorChecker Proof visual assessment target
- Semi-automated scanning method for test charts – measure 300 patches in less than a minute with i1Pro
- Highly sophisticated ruler system enables easy one-hand scanning operation, and can be used with or without the backup board – scans materials up to 3mm and folds for easy transport
ColorChecker Camera Calibration System
- Widely adapted profiling technology provides excellent results with just the mini 24-patch ColorChecker Classic target, producing custom camera profiles that work exceptionally well in Raw workflows, even in unusual artificial light sources and with multiple cameras
- Camera calibration for Raw shooters enables greater capability to calibrate and correct color
- Minimize color differences between cameras and lenses
- Make color balance match across different scenes
- Create dual-illuminant profiles that take into account two different light sources to create a single profile, which can be applied to an even wider variety of lighting conditions
Pantone Color Manager
- Automatically updates all Pantone Color Libraries and dynamically keeps them up to date
- Uses Pantone PLUS Color Bridge values
- Builds palettes of best-match Pantone colors that are auto-extracted from your own images
- Enables any library or palette, including palettes extracted from images, to be used in i1Profiler spot color optimization of printer Profiles.
- Builds ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any Pantone Graphics library
- Simulates and helps you visualize spot vs. four-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on your target output device or properly displayed on your monitor
- Synchronizes spot color values to design applications
i1Pro Ruler, Accessories and Carry Case
- Every i1Basic Pro ships with an easy-to-use ruler system that makes chart measurements extremely fast and easy with just one hand. Use the ruler as a standalone device or with the included white-surfaced, sturdy, foldable back-up board. Rapid, error-free measurements are a certainty with the i1Pro ruler and the incorporated i1Pro Teflon base for smooth gliding
- Accessories include a Beamer Holder for hands-free projector profiling, a Monitor Holder for accurate monitor profiling, an Ambient Light Measurement Head, and a Spot Color Positioning Target
- 1Basic Pro comes complete in a water-resistant, non-abrasive canvas carrying case with shock-absorbing foam padding, making storage of your i1 system a snap