The 166xs from dbx is a dual channel compressor/gate/limiter that when added to a live sound rig or studio, will deliver more polished, professional sound. The unit can function either as a stereo processor or in dual mono mode and features all the usual controls required for this kind of processor.
The unit provides the ability to smooth out uneven levels, add sustain to guitars and fatten up drums. It also makes it easy to bring vocals to the front of a mix. The PeakStop limiter helps protect expensive amplifiers and speakers by providing an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients that could damage the equipment.
For simplified operation the 166xs features Overeasy compression technology for smooth and musical performance, while the exclusive AutoDynamic attack and release controls puts great sound within easy reach. The processor has true RMS power summing and features quality input and output connectors. Comprehensive visual feedback is provided by gain reduction metering and backlit switches.
- Error proof operation to smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, fatten drums or tighten up mixes
- New gate timing algorithms ensure the smoothest release characteristics
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- PeakStop limiter provides an absolute ceiling for peak excursions or large transients for protecting downstream equipment
- Great sounding dynamics control for any type of program material
- Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup
- Stereo or dual-mono operation
- Balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- Side Chain insert
- Classic dbx "Auto" mode