The Gitzo GT2540FL Series 2 Safari 4-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod - Long is a lightweight 6x carbon fiber camera support that reaches a very tall maximum height of 68.9" and bears up to 26.5 lb. Constructed of 6x carbon fiber, the legs provide excellent torsion rigidity.
The tripod's upper disc (called a "Power Disc"), composed of solid machined aluminum, features two locking screws, one to secure the head (not included) and the other to lock the disc onto the center column. The result is a rock-solid connection from the head to the center column. A head attaches to the tripod via either the included 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 screws.
The GT2540FL's four leg sections are non-rotating, which means that you can loosen all three twist locks on any leg simultaneously, resulting in extremely fast setup.
Gitzo's G-Lock ("gravity lock") feature ensures that the strength of the leg lock increases with the amount of weight the tripod is supporting, offering a 20% increase in rigidity as well as faster operation and safer locking. Leg angles can be set independently at 24°, 55°, and for extreme low-angle shooting, 80°.
Another method of achieving low-angle shots is by reversing the center column and shooting with the camera in an upside-down orientation.
- Center column is removable to enable the camera to sit as close to the ground as possible: Attach the upper disc directly to the upper casting using the column hook, so no tools are necessary
- Ocean-Lock minimizes the amount of water and debris that may enter tubes and locking mechanisms. While not 100% waterproof, it dramatically enhances the capacity of the tripod to withstand extreme environments
- Hook at the end of the center column allows you to add weight to increase the system's overall stability in windy conditions, on uneven terrain, or for when it's used with long lenses
- Includes stainless steel spikes for feet, useful for extra stability on softer ground
- Gitzo 6X advanced carbon fiber guarantees structural strength, flexion rigidity, and great vibration-absorption properties thanks to its advanced aerospace production technology and the exclusive inner structure. It is the highest density tube that's 100% made of top-quality, ultra-thin (7μm) carbon fibers: a 28mm tube contains 1.5 million carbon fibers