The Kaoss Pad Quad from Korg is a multi-effects processor with an LED illuminated touch-pad that allows the user to tap, slide, or move their finger across the X-Y axis to change effect-parameters and produce real-time changes in any sound source. The unit is extremely straightforward and easy to use - just touch the pad to apply effects.
The unit provides access to four effects simultaneously. These effects can be synchronized to the beat of the music, and any audio source can be processed - an MP3 player, a mixing board, an instrument, even vocals via a microphone input. The colorful LED illumination aids in the performance, with the illumination changing based on the state of the effects, the BPM setting, and the performer's movements.
Each of the 4 effect modules contains 5 options (plus a null, or off position), for a total of 1,295 combinations, with the ability to choose effects directly from the front panel. For each of the four effect modules, there's a Freeze button that memorizes the position at which the touchpad is touched, freezing that effect even after the finger is released. Touching the surface while Freeze is enabled allows the non-frozen effects to still be controlled.
In addition to more traditional effects, the Kaoss Pad Quad adds several other types of effects, including a Multi-Mode Looper, Vinyl Break turntable effects, and Ducking Comp that creates the distinctive "ducking compressor" effect. that An Auto BPM engine automatically detects the tempo/BPM of the song that's playing, or the audio source. Tap Tempo is also provided and fine adjustments can be made using the BPM knob.
- Brilliant, colorful LED touchpad illuminations move in sync with your performance
- Control multiple effects in real-time using the intuitive Kaoss X-Y touchpad
- Create custom Kaoss combinations and use up to 4 effects at once
- Choose 1 of 5 effects from each of 4 effect groups for a total of 1,295 combinations
- Freeze button holds the effect settings after you release your finger, for hands-free use
- Versatile and highly playable effects control, delivering a wide expanse of expression
- Looper effects - Forward, Reverse and Slice - add audio intensity
- DJ emulation Vinyl Break and Ducking Compressor effects
- Auto BPM engine detection and Tap Tempo functions keep the processor locked to the beat