The Babyface Silver Edition from RME is a bus powered audio interface that is equipped with the latest 192kHz AD and DA converters, 2 reference class microphone preamps, and all of it housed in an attractively shaped compact enclosure. Additionally, the company's SteadyClock technology ensures digital conversion of the highest reference quality.
Both digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power and gain of up to 65dB, adjustable in steps of 1dB over a range of 55dB. Exceptional EIN performance even at low amplification settings, and extremely low THD+N values let these preamps surpass those of other devices. All level settings are 100% recallable by the setup software and can be easily adjusted.
The optical TOSLINK input and output function either as ADAT I/O with SMUX support, or S/PDIF I/O for all sessions up to 192kHz. In combination with an ADAT converter, the Babyface can provide 10 analog input and 12 output channels. The additional headphone output, driven from a dedicated DA converter delivers the full 192kHz sonic experience, and is available both directly on the unit and also on the breakout cable.
With one main control knob and two single buttons the elegant Babyface acts as a perfectly designed direct desktop control for all typical studio tasks - volume control, reference volume store and recall, volume dim, input selection/switching, and input gain control. The LED bars serve as both level meter and gain meters, visually supporting the precise control of all inputs, outputs and headphone levels.
The unit is powered via the USB 2.0 bus, which also delivers ultra-low latency. This turns the interface into the perfect partner for mobile recording of live performances, composing sessions in a park or coffee shop, or just about anywhere a notebook computer can be used. The integrated MIDI I/O completes the list of features and turns the Babyface into a creative audio system of universal usability.
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all inputs and outputs (including two ADAT channels via SMUX4)
- 2 digitally controlled high-end microphone preamps with individually switchable 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Direct operation using rotary encoder and 2 function keys
- TotalMix FX - internal DSP mixer
- DSP mixer adds effects like a 3-band parametric equalizer, reverb and echo
- Full mobility with bus powered operation
- Includes DIGICheck meter and analysis tool
- DSP-based hardware calculates RMS and Peak levels for all channels without causing any CPU load