As with all Glidetrack camera sliders, the Hybrid offers a sturdy and affordable alternative to more cumbersome dolly tracks, giving you the power to create smooth, Hollywood-style tracking shots. But this slider brings improved levels of smoothness to your camera movements by combining both traditional Drylin self-lubricating bearings with individual roller bearings. Unlike typical roller-bearing systems--which use dirt-attracting grease and noisy metal bearings--the Hybrid's specially designed rollers utilize an open architecture that's self-lubricating, dry-running, and can be easily swapped out or disassembled for cleaning. Cleaning is also easy: simply hold the parts under tap water or a quick blast of air--no tools required.
The unit's newly designed rubber feet are not only adjustable, but allow for shooting on inclines, uneven ground, and even upside down. Whether attached to a tripod (via the 1/4" or 3/8" mounting threads) or resting on a tabletop, the Hybrid makes the most of its simple, industrial-grade design to deliver smooth-as-glass motion. Its wide rails and heavy-grade construction make it ideal for medium-to-large DSLR/camcorder rigs using rod support systems, bringing a high-end look to productions large and small.
- Incorporates both sliding AND roller bearings
- Industrial grade rail made of hard anodized aluminium
- Use with a single or double tripod setup, or standalone on its custom-made scratch-free feet.
- Requires 4-5 times less force to move than the traditional Drylin liners.
- Open architecture design uses individual, greaseless, self-lubricating plastic bearings and liners, which are quickly and easily swapped out if required.
- Optimal performance ensured as the carriage can be taken apart, flushed, or blown clean then be ready for shooting in no time.
- Adjustable high-grip, nonmarking rubber feet quickly compensate for uneven ground when shooting.
- Can be used for a huge variety of shots, including: horizontally, vertically, on inclines, even upside down!
- Exclusive Glidetrack and Igus collaborative design